• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dog with possible cancer right now

Jorg

Uuggghhhhh I'm starting to feel desperate, It was supposed this year I would graduate from university and get a job but with Covid19 the clases got suspended since like a month ago and they are still suspended at least until April 30th.

This week I felt a small hard lump in my Golden Retriever's upper lip, he's almost 11yo and I know I have to take it to he veterinary but Idon know if a I have enough money, I have some money saved but idk if that could be enough. I don't want to stress my family either and neither with the soon economical crisis due to Covid19, also, the times I have mentioned my dogs heatlh to my parents, my father has a hint he would like to help but he has always struggled financially, my mom is a little more strong economically but as I have seen she donesn't seem to care about my dog's, when I tell them something she's like "well, I don't even check myself medically becauyse that would be a waste of money"

I'm trying to come with ideas to raise money, so far the only thing I come is like trying to make my small youtube channel more popular (I have had it for years but I never took it serious because my main goal was university) or start making twitch/youtube streams, but I'm not sure about that, I feel weird trying to ask for money on internet...

First- maybe the vet will do payment plan? Maybe you can find a low cost vet place? And maybe the lump will be benign?

I forgot I wrote this thread long ago. As an update, the lump was gone like in a week, he probably remove it with his paw or something because he was bleeding a little from where the lump was. My father and I cleaned the wound and put some cream med for a couple of weeks and it didn't grow back.

Like a month ago we went to the vet for checking, some blood tests and ultrasound and a spleen sample (we leave him in operation for only a day and didn't require any special care, the vets only did a small incision) and the results came normal, for a dog of his age (11 yo next month) he's healthy, only some cells trying to look "bad" but the vet said it was completely normal in an elderly dog.

New Threads

Top Bottom