• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dog speaks German!

ForestGumpett

We adopted a third dog, didn’t know much except he was terribly abused and he was going to get really big. I had never heard of a Cane Corso (said Connie=coor’so) and he looks like the 3 headed harry potter dog, really scary. We did know he was trained to guard/protect and we have already seen this but we are still figuring out a lot with him. We learned last week that he knows German! We had heard some get trained in that language so we tried some (we both know a little bit) and darn!!! Wow, the dog is doing all kinds of things! It was spanish speaking people where this dog was trained which makes it stranger. He had the crap beat out of him and burnt with a shock collar so many times he has permanent skin burns plus he’s missing a couple teeth they knocked out.

Out of all that, he’s still a sweetheart! Very trusting of his family and very protective. It’s amazing what lots of love can do. He was also kept in a crate for over a year, in his freedom and having “siblings” (adopted dogs the same age) he’s loving life! What a beautiful creature, and the really cool thing is...he speaks German! :)

04DA0FA6-44FD-40B0-AF22-5E5974CD7D93.jpeg

This story - with pics! - made my afternoon very much happier.

Plus it ,came along at a good time as I’m getting ready to adopt a dog.

You could probably find a local trainer to train you to speak German to your dog. :)

@watersprite

First, what kind of dog are you getting and when are you getting it?

I got an app that helps me with the German, got it over a year ago so had already been practicing. It was by accident we found out he knew it. He hated men at first but is better now. Have seen him go into protective mode and it’s pretty cool. He got scared for me (I wasn’t cause I knew the men, one was the vet) and came and sat IN FRONT OF me! Got between me and the men and had a low deep growl. Dang, not sure what all they taught him but I feel protected. He sat solid as stone and stared until I got him to move. Would make a great family pet but you’d have to get them young because of the strength. Never saw a dog this strong before, they are called Italian Mastiff’s.

Sounds like a real rescue dog just found the right home. A happy ending. :)

But if he speaks German, can't he just teach it to you? :p

Just be sure to slap your gloves against your hip when you bark orders to him. Alles klar? :cool:

All kidding aside, just make sure to take charge of him. That particular breed needs control and training to subdue their dominance.

One last thing- you might want to determine if this breed is "a problem" for your liability insurance carrier. But don't ask them directly as a policyholder. Go about it carefully, otherwise you might be in for a shock if Italian mastiffs are considered a prohibited breed and your homeowners/tenants policy is subsequently non-renewed.

Last edited:
Wow, I have seen a few of them. Pits seem small in comparison. Its also known as the Italian Mastiff, and is what is left of the old line of Roman War dogs and perhaps arena fighters.

Props to you for taking him on and giving him a good life. :) I met one recently (last week) and the owner said he was a gentle mush. He was quite restrained and well behaved. Not like my 4 chihuahuas who were going nuts the whole time we talked. :rolleyes:

@Tom, yes Roman dogs of war. They made metal suits for them. Some carried hot oil on the suites to burn the ppl they were fighting but I’ll sure it was a terrible death for the dog.

You are correct in that they are bigger than a pit - the comparison is a couple of post up with him and the while dog, the while dog is almost a full pit but she’s less than half his size. Guess who the “boss” is...yeah, her! She body slams him when she gets mad it’s funny.

We wouldn’t have taken him in if I had not already knew who was giving him to me, and he had also come through a nasty divorce and was kept in a wicked place In another state and they paid thousands and was told it was “training”, well bull spit! No, it was torture. The people that actually owned him, well they didn’t know it was going on until he came back skin and bones over a year later. They knew me from previously and my rep with hard-life dogs and training.

This pack has been wonderful, best yet. They all work in tangent, with the smallest with the biggest mouth (and ears, we almost named her radar lol).

Post pics when you get them! My last two were labs and they were lovely dogs.

@Judge ;
Thanks, we did know about the insurance. The other two are mixed just enough lol. The little white spotted one is a pit/Cattle dog mix, the middle brown one is Dobie/Rottie/Pit mix and yes the big one is an Italian Mastiff. I’d never heard of them or seen one before and was scared to death the day he was delivered , truth be told we both were! He’s just over a year, and after the so called triaging he’s been very easy, just a perfect fit! If we do have to pay on him then so be it he’s worth his weight in gold the way her guards. We’re in a nice neighborhood BUT ppl are still getting their door kicked in. It’s crazy in a city of 2.3 million people!

Somebody kicks in this door well...they just became “What’s for dinner!”

Here’s all three waiting for dinner - they get along beautifully!
BB80E348-140F-4DBC-99D1-22EFCDAA74CA.jpeg

0AC20C01-EEEC-4F21-B63D-6FEFF61F3416.jpeg

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom