1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does this 'punishment' seem excessive?

Discussion in 'Politics Discussion' started by Aspergers_Aspie, Jan 19, 2021.

1. WildCat

WildCat V.I.P Member

If you live in an enclosed bubble of a country, safe or mostly safe from tyranny and ACTUAL oppression, where you and every other Joe can put your elected officials on blast without consequence because of "free speech", of course it's going to seem excessive.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Aspergers_Aspie

Aspergers_Aspie Well-Known Member

What if a UK MP was arrested in a strict far east prison, would the UK not likely send in special forces if the government in the far east were reluctant to release the MP?

3. Mary Terry

Mary Terry Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

I'm not British but I doubt the UK would send a swat team to free an MP from prison in a foreign country if the MP is accused or convicted of a crime in that foreign country. Do MPs have diplomatic immunity in foreign countries? Probably not. Ambassadors have immunity. American congressmen don't have diplomatic immunity but our ambassadors do.

• Informative Informative x 1