• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does Squidward (Spongebob Squarepants) have ASD?

Does he have ASD?

• Yes, sure

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Might be

• No

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Haven't watched that cartoon

• Total voters

Dadamen

Probably a lot of you watched that cartoon. I have noticed that Squidward has autistic tendencies, just as me. Also, one "Which Spongebob character are you?" quiz told me I'm Squidward. Here are his symptoms:
- No friends, no even people with who he is in a good relationship
- Once tried to make friends, but failed
- Talent in music
- Dosen't care for others' emotions
- Obsession with art and clarinete, altrough everyone gets bored with clarinete he belives he is a genius
- sensory issues (oversensitive to noise)

His traits are better described as personality flaws and skills, not autism symptoms.
ASD 1 can sometimes look just like personality and skills. I thought it was just personality and skills in my case until I found out about autism symptoms.

My daughter on the spectrum- loved the series. l enjoyed it too. I like certain singers and find out quite a few of them are autistic such as The Vines lead singer. He has the funniest faces when he sings Ride.

My daughter on the spectrum- loved the series. l enjoyed it too. I like certain singers and find out quite a few of them are autistic such as The Vines lead singer. He has the funniest faces when he sings Ride.
I have watched Spongebob Squarepants on Nickelodeon for almost 3 years, probably watched some episodes 20 times, but there are also I lot of them I never watched because Nickelodeon didn't show all seasons. I heard that many singers are autistic, but am not interested in music. My main ASD idol is Greta Thunberg, a climate activist.

This is a headcannon I have myself. I haven’t watched much SBSP though. I know this thread is about SBSP, but I also have a headcannon from a similar marine life/inspired franchise, that being Splatoon, that Marina of the Off The Hook duo is meant to be an autistic coded character.

New Threads

Top Bottom