• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

does anyone use a disability identification card?

Jenisautistic

V.I.P Member
i just recently received one.. i figured it would help in situations that are difficult im "sick" or unable to talk well or cant be understood also if im scared.

DB6D5FFD-EDAB-4730-A7E8-D50A1479E836_zpsv7fcassp.jpeg
D07C56A9-83C7-4888-87D9-350098F091CF_zpskngbu9dh.jpeg

Good for you!

I was impressed that you even thought to blank your identity on it.

Awesome as usual :)

Yep. Got one for Tourette's Syndrome. Figured that now that I'm getting more reactive tics - i.e. I'm ticcing to what I observe in my surroundings, and beginning to swear like a sailor that this might be useful. My friend who also has Tourette's suggested it when we went up to London, got few replacements in case I loose them and some paper cards to hand out if needed.

I'm very good at controlling my tics so I don't expect trouble really but it's always good to have it in place should it ever arise.

Last edited:
I have an unofficial one college made for me which list my diagnosis and emergency contact (incase I faint, have a seizure or an anxiety attack). I’m looking into getting a medical alert bracelet so I can start travel training.

I don't know if I could even get a card if I tried because I'm not "autistic enough". And even if I did, the majority of people would probably think I'm only using it as an excuse for my behavior.

I would if they did official ones here, like they have in some other places. I have considered using an unofficial one but haven't gone ahead with it yet.

I have an official card for my intestinal issues that entitles me to use bathrooms when I need them. I’ve never used it, but shopkeepers are supposed to give me swift access to their facilities when I ask for it.

I am en route for getting one.

Also agree, that WINNER goes to you, for rubbing out private details. I am pretty sure, if I did the same, I would not think to do that, so bravo you.

We dont have those over here as far as i know so no i dont. BUT good for you Jennie (two thumbs up ) Wear it with PROUD and dignity .

An excellent idea. Not something to flaunt, but simply to have in the event where one is incapacitated, or unable to successfully communicate to emergency response personnel or those in law enforcement.

Where under some circumstances it might be the difference between life or death.

New Threads

Top Bottom