• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone think I'm crazy for practicing with PSI?

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
I know what you're thinking: its a post about psychic/psionic/telepathic/metaphysical stuff, and while i am not really aware how people here on the forum feel towards metaphysical things (at least, what percentage agrees to disagree on such subject matter) but the reason i posted this is because well...

When I was about 8 and i was still being tested for autism (which of course revealed I am) it was also discovered, by incredible chance at school one day that I am evidently a "Gifted" child. At first, I had no idea what they meant except that i my intelligence seemed to far surpass that of almost the entire school (no joke, they did the math), but this was a charter school i went to, and they were very open about dealing with religious subject matter such as Christianity, they actually sometimes taught it to us as part of some of our classes... Anyway, when they told me I was "Gifted", i asked my principal who helped test me, just what did he mean; All he would say was "well, you just happen to be a very special young man who happens to also have a lot of cool gifts that nobody in the school has! Isn't that cool?" They continue to test me with other simple, easy-to-do-and-specifically-designed-not-to-be-sensory-abusive-for-autistic-kids-like-myself type tests (phew!), things like "Press these colored buttons and match up what sounds they make" or something like "mess around with this putty and try to make these things with it the best way you can". Honestly, I didn't dislike it at all, it was actually really fun because it meant that right in the middle of class, my OT teacher would come and help direct me to where i'd have a whole hour to myself of learning how to manage my condition! Sometimes there would be other students with autism there doing what I would be doing, it was really enjoyable.

As the years went on and I became a teenager, for whatever reason, I began to overhear more and more and still more conversations and...well, for the sake of being clear with it, I'll just call the other part of it "gossip"... Just in general i kept hearing more and more things about the metaphysical, and even more stuff about ESP/OBE/Empathy/Telepathy/psychokinesis and eventually, what would get me officially interested in it -- PSI.

For months, under the hawk eye of my evil uncle and aunt, i stayed silent about my newly discovered interests, always careful to keep it under the tarp until just the right moment where i'd have just enough time to study PSI, learn what it is, get to know it... And soon I did get such a chance, when, one early, darkened morning at 2:00 AM, while my old, fickle masters were sleeping in an oblivious haze of rest, I pulled out my PSP, launched its web browser, and used the on screen keyboard to type into a Google search, the three words that would officially begin my journey to learn just what i am:

"what is psi"

For hours, possibly the whole morning, I scrolled through web page after web page, reading tutorial after tutorial, then reading them all again, then going back to the first one and starting again and so on, until I was confident I knew exactly what this was, and how to start using it.

So, from that point on, every chance i got, I practiced using PSI, starting by forming spheres in my cupped hands, making sure i knew the process well enough i could do it with but a single thought. Then as I continued to learn, getting stronger and more powerful, ever so slowly but ever so surely, I got better at it, and figured out new ways to create, program and use PSI spheres. I would show my classmates at school what i learned (much to the scowling disapproval of my teachers, but I didn't care what they thought.), I would [try and have very little luck to] take photos with my constructs floating through the air in my bedroom... If I learned a way to do it, I practiced with it, analyzed it as much as i could, and trained it like a muscle.

I have not stopped doing this since that fateful morning of my youth. Now I am at the point where energy of every kind can just emit from my body just by thinking certain types of thoughts, I can tell you how dangerous or potentially hostile someone or something is, was or is going to be, I can see things in places where I'm not even there to look at them, heck, for many of my trained PSI skills, i dont even need to make spheres, I can just position my hand/fingers in a certain gesture or position, bulk up some energy and program it, then send it through to whatever needs PSI placed into it.

Basically, I have become a real life Ness.

But throughout ALL of this, I just have to know the answer to something, and when i ask this question please know that I have always thought of you all and held you all close in my heart as great, awesome friends who have gotten me through some serious times, anyway here it is:

Do you guys think I'm crazy, or delusional, or mentally unwell for exploring such an unusual, sometimes unheard of craft?

I have it in golden faith that you all care about me deeply, i am aware that i may be one of the most active members of this website but also the most strongly affected by negative happenings, and I would not allow myself to blame one or all of you for thinking that the many shortcomings of entropy life has thrown at me before has damaged my psyche to the point of madness, because i am also very aware that MANY people do not believe in PSI or any psychic power, since nobody ever sees direct proof because PSI/energy is not visible or existent to MANY people, but somehow, I have always known in my mind that those little white/sometimes blue or green or purple dots that fly by near me, as well as those fluttery, woven-cotton-looking /sometimes hazy, powdery-looking ribbons of color in the air around me were energy from someone or somewhere or something, and still somehow i have always known that I have this mysterious natural ability to grab it and make it do things i need done energetically.

Maddog is getting better at playing digital poker, and he has told me (and i have witnessed this happen) that almost every time I sit near him or if im in the room at all, he starts having maybe three times the good luck he was having before, and when i go somewhere else, that good luck stops, until i come back again, where it starts up again.

I just have to know, you guys know I'm not crazy, right? Just be straight up with me, I won't be mad at all. Its just...it would just give me peace of mind and I will stop losing sleep, kinda.

I know what I saw...thats all I'm saying...

Soooooo

I got lots of love for you uber. Know that
I'm much more worried about you and the environment you live in and what your future is going to be than you playing with baubles.

Is it real? Are you self aggrandizing? Are you delusional?

It's pretty far away, I cant see it from here. Who am i to say about what you are?

I'm glad you are asking the questions, those are good questions to ask.

Always first ask the question first.

It's important. It's an older one

Quo bono?

Right? So is it helping? Is this part of who you are or just a passing fancy?

I can tell you that it often fades away as people get older. Also best to keep it private in general. And write stuff down. And no being wierd and all superior about it.
Oh. Have you done any mirror work yet? If you can see the blessing balls you may be able to do other things. Lots of love for you

Yes it is helping me by a lot, skittle. Each time i find a space to be by myself and practice PSI, it distracts me from all the stress and anxiety of the world, it takes my mind off so many anxieties that i never tell anyone about.

I just put all that stuff into a sphere and send it to go away, somewhere else that it won't hurt me by distracting me from mindfulness.

I know i don't have any photos to show, but i've been around it for as long as i can remember, and not once has it turned out to be something else entirely.

I know PSI is real because i am real, and the things i've sent PSI into are real. That has to mean something, right...?

Mirror work? Whats that? I have never heard of that before. Does it involve PSI?

Thank you for showing your support, skittle
You are a good friend :)

I think, that if you talk to enough people on this forum, you're going to find more than a few who are... very well versed in this stuff. VERY well versed.

However, they may not refer to this stuff by the same name as you are. Well, the name doesnt matter that much. You can call it "PSI" or you can call it "Chicken Fart Mojo", it doesnt matter.

But still, there are plenty here who are DEFINITELY knowledgable about the metaphysical/supernatural/whatever stuff. Whatever you might want to call it (there are all sorts of variants) And others who have had enough experiences to definitely not be the skeptical sort.

Though, note that this does NOT mean that they'll understand the specific thing you're talking about, or that they wont be confused by it. The subject is... wide.

And yes, I'm in this crowd, though what I deal with is... "quantum" in nature. Or that's what I call it, anyway. But it's definitely still along the line of these things even if the nature/method of it is different. Still a metaphysical whatsit. And I've had enough of it that, even if I were the skeptical sort, I wouldnt be able to avoid it anymore. It's made itself very blatantly obvious.

So, no, I dont think you're crazy, and neither will various others here. Rather, when I hear about stuff like this, I am curious to find out more.

Heck, if you'd like to, feel free to chat at me directly via PM, I'd be happy to discuss these things a bit with you. Though, with the disclaimer that there is a TON I dont know and I can be easily confused. Then again... it wouldnt be very interesting if it was just totally straightforward, now would it?

But yeah, feel free to talk at me if you want, I'm always up for a chat, and a DM chat is a bit easier than trying a crowded forum chat with too many people chiming in all at once.

No. I thought we all have super powers.

intro-1601578202.jpg

I can tell what sandwiches are thinking. But only whole wheat for some reason. I think it has something to do with the energy field whole wheat slices create.

You might ask what do sandwiches think? Not a lot as it turns out. But I can tell you this. Lettuce and Tomatoes actually don't get along very well. So if you want a happier sandwich separate them.

;)

Guess it's best to say- nothing.

Most of the world doesn't understand anything in the unexplained areas of life.

Use what you have to guide and help you and those around you. We are all drops of water in a giant pool.

There are magnitudes we don't know about how the universe works. In the past scientists and astronomers were laughed at, called crazy and even jailed for their "beliefs", the stuff we now call knowledge.

Are you crazy? Not at all!

Everything is vibration. Are you able to connect to that sub level and interact with vibration (or something like it) and manipulate objects? I can't say you don't!

For myself I am a practioner of "the law of attraction". Essentially being aware of the vibrations you share with the universe to attract or repel that which you want.

I have had startling sucess with consciously creating things, people and interactions with others by simply being aware of the vibrations I put out there. This has a lot in common with what you call PSI.

One day I suspect scientists will be able to measure these things objectively.

Uberscout. I've seen and experienced a lot of things thanks to my friend. Without him I'm blind to the metaphysical. I don't have powers or anything like what you described.

But, thanks to my friend. I do have sight. I wrote a post about a vision I had. Where I bore witness to creation being etched into reality. And I also felt like life was flowing into my heart. I could not doubt or question either what I was seeing was real. The concepts didn't exist at that moment. So no I don't think your crazy.

Nope, you're not crazy to me, I've experienced things that would probably shock you related to PSI stuff as I can feel energy around myself buzzing constantly and I see auras around people all the time. I've experienced things in the metaphysical and astral (primarily when asleep since I've had vivid dreams since I was young where I have met entities from other universes before I knew of them) as well. I don't form shapes of energy anymore apart from visualizing while dreaming if I need to use them since that works well enough for me. One of my main coping mechanisms is that I have alternate personalities who are entity-like that help me cope with things since I black out from fainting often and then they handle things that I cannot do instead. My family and doctors have met them and confirmed that they are good even as they don't actually have forms here, though they don't live in my mind as they have forms of their own in different dimensions if you can understand that. Many of them, however, are fictional from universes like comic and anime ones as they tend to have extra strength in their original forms that they lend me to the point where it has shocked my parents that I can walk for so long while having stomach cramps. If you ever want to talk about it, feel free to send a message to any of us. Also just putting this in, but I've never heard voices and I have a good grasp on what is real and what is not and PSI definitely exists. This reality is just behind in understanding it compared to other ones I've seen.

Last edited:
We are all at different vibrational levels here on this planet, much like being in different grades of
school.
The study of what I call metaphysics is old as time. Things once called crazy in history has scientifically
been proven and continues to be so.

There are quite a few I know of on the forum here that has had experiences that can't be explained - yet.
Many people are interested in this field of study. Usually because of PSI or paranormal experiences.
There are even schools of learning for this subject.
I have an Associate's Degree in metaphysical arts and have even been a teacher in a metaphysical
school. Drawn to learning all I can due to a life filled with things many do not believe in.
And some of the things I've experienced I will not talk about except to those who share the same
interests or want to share experiences.
Because, yah, they would call it crazy. Just as it was once crazy to say the Earth wasn't flat
or that the sun didn't revolve around the Earth.

I used to play create the energy spheres on a metaphysical website with a few others.
I know what you are doing. It is a good training exercise.

Same as a few others here have offered, PM me. Always glad to talk with those of like interests.
I don't call you or it crazy. Just in a minority that are a bit more advanced in spiritual evolution.

I'm a christian and I've had plenty, like too many supernatural experiences, there's different jargon in different fields. If you're using the PSI jargon then thats where you are with it.

I know what you're thinking: its a post about psychic/psionic/telepathic/metaphysical stuff, and while i am not really aware how people here on the forum feel towards metaphysical things (at least, what percentage agrees to disagree on such subject matter) but the reason i posted this is because well...

When I was about 8 and i was still being tested for autism (which of course revealed I am) it was also discovered, by incredible chance at school one day that I am evidently a "Gifted" child. At first, I had no idea what they meant except that i my intelligence seemed to far surpass that of almost the entire school (no joke, they did the math), but this was a charter school i went to, and they were very open about dealing with religious subject matter such as Christianity, they actually sometimes taught it to us as part of some of our classes... Anyway, when they told me I was "Gifted", i asked my principal who helped test me, just what did he mean; All he would say was "well, you just happen to be a very special young man who happens to also have a lot of cool gifts that nobody in the school has! Isn't that cool?" They continue to test me with other simple, easy-to-do-and-specifically-designed-not-to-be-sensory-abusive-for-autistic-kids-like-myself type tests (phew!), things like "Press these colored buttons and match up what sounds they make" or something like "mess around with this putty and try to make these things with it the best way you can". Honestly, I didn't dislike it at all, it was actually really fun because it meant that right in the middle of class, my OT teacher would come and help direct me to where i'd have a whole hour to myself of learning how to manage my condition! Sometimes there would be other students with autism there doing what I would be doing, it was really enjoyable.

As the years went on and I became a teenager, for whatever reason, I began to overhear more and more and still more conversations and...well, for the sake of being clear with it, I'll just call the other part of it "gossip"... Just in general i kept hearing more and more things about the metaphysical, and even more stuff about ESP/OBE/Empathy/Telepathy/psychokinesis and eventually, what would get me officially interested in it -- PSI.

For months, under the hawk eye of my evil uncle and aunt, i stayed silent about my newly discovered interests, always careful to keep it under the tarp until just the right moment where i'd have just enough time to study PSI, learn what it is, get to know it... And soon I did get such a chance, when, one early, darkened morning at 2:00 AM, while my old, fickle masters were sleeping in an oblivious haze of rest, I pulled out my PSP, launched its web browser, and used the on screen keyboard to type into a Google search, the three words that would officially begin my journey to learn just what i am:

"what is psi"

For hours, possibly the whole morning, I scrolled through web page after web page, reading tutorial after tutorial, then reading them all again, then going back to the first one and starting again and so on, until I was confident I knew exactly what this was, and how to start using it.

So, from that point on, every chance i got, I practiced using PSI, starting by forming spheres in my cupped hands, making sure i knew the process well enough i could do it with but a single thought. Then as I continued to learn, getting stronger and more powerful, ever so slowly but ever so surely, I got better at it, and figured out new ways to create, program and use PSI spheres. I would show my classmates at school what i learned (much to the scowling disapproval of my teachers, but I didn't care what they thought.), I would [try and have very little luck to] take photos with my constructs floating through the air in my bedroom... If I learned a way to do it, I practiced with it, analyzed it as much as i could, and trained it like a muscle.

I have not stopped doing this since that fateful morning of my youth. Now I am at the point where energy of every kind can just emit from my body just by thinking certain types of thoughts, I can tell you how dangerous or potentially hostile someone or something is, was or is going to be, I can see things in places where I'm not even there to look at them, heck, for many of my trained PSI skills, i dont even need to make spheres, I can just position my hand/fingers in a certain gesture or position, bulk up some energy and program it, then send it through to whatever needs PSI placed into it.

Basically, I have become a real life Ness.

But throughout ALL of this, I just have to know the answer to something, and when i ask this question please know that I have always thought of you all and held you all close in my heart as great, awesome friends who have gotten me through some serious times, anyway here it is:

Do you guys think I'm crazy, or delusional, or mentally unwell for exploring such an unusual, sometimes unheard of craft?

I have it in golden faith that you all care about me deeply, i am aware that i may be one of the most active members of this website but also the most strongly affected by negative happenings, and I would not allow myself to blame one or all of you for thinking that the many shortcomings of entropy life has thrown at me before has damaged my psyche to the point of madness, because i am also very aware that MANY people do not believe in PSI or any psychic power, since nobody ever sees direct proof because PSI/energy is not visible or existent to MANY people, but somehow, I have always known in my mind that those little white/sometimes blue or green or purple dots that fly by near me, as well as those fluttery, woven-cotton-looking /sometimes hazy, powdery-looking ribbons of color in the air around me were energy from someone or somewhere or something, and still somehow i have always known that I have this mysterious natural ability to grab it and make it do things i need done energetically.

Maddog is getting better at playing digital poker, and he has told me (and i have witnessed this happen) that almost every time I sit near him or if im in the room at all, he starts having maybe three times the good luck he was having before, and when i go somewhere else, that good luck stops, until i come back again, where it starts up again.

I just have to know, you guys know I'm not crazy, right? Just be straight up with me, I won't be mad at all. Its just...it would just give me peace of mind and I will stop losing sleep, kinda.

I know what I saw...thats all I'm saying...

I stopped reading due to the length of the post. However, the first part of the post seemed to imply you are unusual due to your giftedness. I would say you are probably not unusual compared to others on this forum. I have had multiple IQ tests, and all place me in the gifted or highly gifted range. I was also unusual compared to people I went to school with, and was particularly strong in math and science.

I don’t have much else to comment on, as I stopped reading. I hope you find the answers to your questions.

Psychiatry says that this is delusional including the belief in a higher power. I base most of my thought processes on science and evidence. My career was based on science. That being said I have a long and intense history with the metaphysical. In essence I have lived two lives at the same time. The second life is also dedicated to helping others as is my first.

I have had a thorough psych evaluation three times over the course of my life at the behest of my first husband because he wanted custody of our children claiming I was "crazy." The last was in 2000 and the only "problem" that showed up was that I believed in a higher power. Because it was not adversely affecting my life or the lives of my children it was not of concern. I must note that the psychiatrist during the conversation paused and looked heavenward and apologized to "god" for what he was telling me. So, no, I am not crazy, I have not been diagnosed as such, however I am not qualified to determine that for you.

I know how to differentiate between a dream, a hallucination and a delusion for myself. I know how to tell that what I am experiencing is not any of these. It is extremely important to be able to do that.

My abilities are not important to my self esteem. They aren't about me. My abilities are a tool. Another arm so to speak and if I lost them it would be like losing that arm.

I have saved lives with my abilities. When I had to be more than I am I "clicked" over and tapped into that co-existing life I live and used what I had there in addition to all my knowledge and training. This is only one example of how I have used them.

My experiences in my other life are nearly as extensive as those in this physical one. Each life is separate from the other but through me co-exist. I am the connector to both worlds. That of the physcial and that of the spritual. Both can be experienced at the same time.

Very few people know of the existence of my other life (less than a dozen) and none know the extent of that existence.

I don't need the validation of others to keep using my abilities to help. Validation means nothing to me. Nor do I seek accolades because that means nothing to me as well. I know who and what I am. I know what I can do and have done.

I don't consider myself special or gifted. It is simply the way I am made. My abilities are just another facet of myself and I think they are something that we all have the potential to tap into. To experience. To use.

As always I ask "Now what can I do with it? How can I use it to make this world a better place if only in a small way?" That is all that matters.

Last edited:
I know how to differentiate between a dream, a hallucination and a delusion for myself. I know how to tell that what I am experiencing is not any of these. It is extremely important to be able to do that.
Can you expand on how you are able to differentiate?

@Martha Ferris It is natural- not supernatural really. Most don't know how to use it yet.
Like me, you were probably born this way with understanding and the abilities came natural.
I believe some come to Earth with a consciousness that is able to use this connection to the
higher energies.

I know the difference too, between dreams, hallucinations, voices from mental illnesses and delusions.
Very few know everything about this level with me either. Only a few.
I call it living twice at once.
But, it is really using the different levels of your total existance.
Very good post. Nothing I can really add to it except that I understand.

You remind me a lot of myself when I was younger. I used to have an intense interest in the paranormal and metaphysical - I personally outgrew this and now see it as having been a coping mechanism at the time (hey, it kept me alive, so I'm not knocking it). You may not; if what you're doing is not actually harmful, I don't see this as anything different from any other religious or spiritual belief.

That being said, the visualization practice that you're doing will really come in handy later in life, if it doesn't already. I now do work that is highly dependent on being able to "see" how something will turn out before I do it - this isn't a psychic ability, it's just a well trained visual-spatial muscle. If you can form an object in your mind and "see" it move, you can do a lot with that. Try something other than spheres. Try cubes. Rotate them. "See" all the sides, and edges. Try more complex shapes, more than one shape. The ability to accurately visualize the way things will move in 3D is a really useful gift that not that many people have. Train it well. :)

@Martha Ferris It is natural- not supernatural really. Most don't know how to use it yet.
Like me, you were probably born this way with understanding and the abilities came natural.
I believe some come to Earth with a consciousness that is able to use this connection to the
higher energies.

I know the difference too, between dreams, hallucinations, voices from mental illnesses and delusions.
Very few know everything about this level with me either. Only a few.
I call it living twice at once.
But, it is really using the different levels of your total existance.
Very good post. Nothing I can really add to it except that I understand.

Thank you.

I agree is it is natural. I think we are all at a different place on the road to "home." Of the full experience and understanding of being a part of this universe and everything that is in it. I think people have a problem of being able to conceive of so large of an area as the universe. Our brains cannot grasp it. We can only conceive of our existence on earth, or our own immediate area of the earth or in our own solar system. Some cannot even grasp the size of the earth and the differences in cultures and geography.

I think that there has to be a commonality to everything in the universe. Something that connects everything together. To me it is not logical that everything is separate; in their own little boxes of existence. After years of study I am convinced that everything is energy. "Matter and energy are the two basic components of the entire Universe. An enormous challenge for scientists is that most of the matter in the Universe is invisible and the source of most of the energy is not understood."What is the universe made of? | Center for Astrophysics (harvard.edu)
Scientists seem to overlook the fact that matter is held together by energy. What is preventing them from making that connection? It's like having ones leg lifted to take the next step but never taking it. I think that it is a human characteristic to compartmentalize that prevents us, including some scientists, from making connections to ideas that don't fit what we want to believe. It blinds us to possibilities.
The universe is a closed system and in a closed system energy cannot be created or destroyed but can change form. We are a part of the energy system of the universe not apart from it. Why would we be unable to connect to that of which we are made? What is there to stop us from connecting to the energy outside of ourselves with intent?
We are energy experiencing a physical existence as Homo sapiens.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom