• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does Anyone Just Hate People In General Sometimes?

AuBurney Tuckerson

~GigglesTheAutisticHyena~
I know I sound like I'm just hating my own species (I actually love my family and friends with all my heart, thank you!), but let me ask this.

Do people stare at you with dirty looks?

Are people rude to you?

Are people too obnoxiously loud with their items and just their voices in general? (Imagine sometime popping a stapler in your ear. I would growl and snap at them like a dog.)

Do people blow their breath in your face when they talk to you?

Do people overestimate you and then get mad when you can't accomplish what they expected?

Do people laugh at you?

Do people judge you by your size or gender?

Did people try to bully you (some of them got bitten by me) in school?

Is this because they do or don't know you have autism? (I never even knew I was autistic ((and still awaiting diagnosis)), but I've always HATED people who did the above)

Do people give you mixed messages, expecting you to get it right away and then blame you when you mess up?

Do people say you get defensive, especially when you feel you have to defend?

This should've been the FIRST question, but: Do people belittle and harm animals in front of you and shame you for even seeing them as equals like they should?

Sometimes, I just HATE humans because they do all of this above, and my friend couldn't agree more because of what most of us do to animals. I'm a strict animals lover, and of course I want to be a Veterinarian when I get out of college. Maybe one day, I can finally get stupid humans see animals (and people like me, autistic, mentally different, or not) as equals instead of looking down on us.maybe they will finally treat us with the respect we deserve! Iay have very low self-esteem, but I won't let anyone (but me when I'm depressed) treat me with disrespect! What do you think? Do you sometimes just hate people in general?

Many of us will have felt this way at some time in our lives. I did for years. It never occurred to me to talk to a doctor about it but someone close to me pushed me to go.
Thanks to them I discovered that whilst the world is far from perfect and I have particular difficulty with some aspects of it, my resentment at everyone and everything was a symptom of severe depression. A few months of SSRIs and my outlook had improved immensely and I could deal with it much better.

Animal cruelty is a difficult and emotive issue which I'm not going to broach here. It might be a worthy discussion for the religion/politics section though :)

I try hard not to, but in general, most people just let you down, disappoint and hard to find good in some. They hurt you and beat you down and it's sometimes hard to love everyone (as I'm a believer in). Animals are unconditional and either love you or eat you. What makes us able to love an animal that would just as soon eat us than look at us and yet it's hard to love some people?

I used to really be mad at (and hate) the world in general. Therapy helped me to see that this was just a symptom of my depression. Recently my depression began to ease and I noticed myself far less angry at the world and starting to feel compassion for others again. One of the ways I dealt with depression was through anger because anger kept me from being suicidal. It was, at best, an unhealthy coping mechanism. I can really identify with those that feel the way I did. The anger kept me from breaking down and crying in public. The chip on my shoulder was purely for survival.

I was born without the hate gene so I don't hate all people in general, but very specifically I try to avoid all the mean ones who keep doing everything on your list. Everything on your list has happened to me more times than I can count and I don't like it. I don't like it at all. The more I associate with people, the more I love my cats. I'm going to go cuddle my Cuddles right now.

I sometimes tell myself I hate everyone and want to be left alone. But, really, that's not true. I don't hate everyone, hate is not productive. Do I avoid people though? Absolutely - because I don't want to see the awful, hateful things they do. I want to believe, maybe even naively, that everyone is capable of being good. The more I look, the more I get disappointed though. The majority aren't and some sense in me tells me to stay away from those. But sometimes, the rare gems come along like shining beacons in the dark and show me that not everyone is selfish and self-involved. I hold on to those memories to ride out the worst of them.

As I get older I see that the world is just going to pieces, but really, there are still good people in the world. Animals keep me sane, and places like this, where people do seem to be genuinely good. Sure, if we all met up, we might be an awkward mess, but at at least, it would be a good kind of awkward mess where we'd respect each other's differences and be genuinely nice to one another. We can all be little balls of rage together :p

While I don’t outright hate the human race I do say that humans are my least favourite species,at least with animals like a shark you know that if your in their territory they will attack and they won’t pretend to be a dolphin and gain your trust,while humans can lie and manipulate which can lead to a lot of pain,but saying that I don’t hate people and I know that there are good people out there sadly there is a lot of mean people too.

Think of humans as a species, like all species, we have an overwhelming drive to propagate. Yet we have also devised logic, ethics, morality, but they can't compete with our instincts. Consider that it's rather remarkable that we obey laws, at least those laws and regulations that don't benefit us directly. We are a instinctual species, propagation rewards selfishness. The up close view of nature is ugly and cruel, the law of survival. I'm just thankful we're an apex predator. Some of us try to rise above our base instincts, even temporarily. Some of us have brain deficiencies that create a psychopath. I try very hard to understand my interactions, and why people behave the way they do. Look for the logic behind those behaviors you find so irritating, it can take the edge off those behaviors.

No, I don't hate people, but the things that they do... or don't do. People are often frustrating, unpredictable, illogical and unreliable. I hate having to rely on other people for income or to get things done.

Frequently.

I love my family like mad, but I have regular arguments with Dad about the fact he basically doesn't want me to work, despite the fact I desperately want to work part time, and not just because I need the money although that's a BIG part of it.

Frequently.

I love my family like mad, but I have regular arguments with Dad about the fact he basically doesn't want me to work, despite the fact I desperately want to work part time, and not just because I need the money although that's a BIG part of it.
It sounds like your dad really loves you and trying to protect you from the pain of rejection that you feel every time you're turned down for a job.

It sounds like your dad really loves you and trying to protect you from the pain of rejection that you feel every time you're turned down for a job.
In this case, I disagree. It sounds like dad is being manipulative and controlling. Why doesn't dad then just give @Mr. Allen the extra money that he desire/needs for a richer life?

In this case, I disagree. It sounds like dad is being manipulative and controlling. Why doesn't dad then just give @Mr. Allen the extra money that he desire/needs for a richer life?
I'm going by past posts seeing how upset Mr Allen gets whenever he is turned down again and I know that's probably hard to watch as a parent. I could be wrong, though.

I make a concerned effort not to, but honestly I really do hate people much of the time.

"Do people say you get defensive, especially when you feel you have to defend?" This is one thing that comes up when I don't even feel like I've taken a defensive position.

I was bullied pretty much without mercy as a kid (from students and teachers alike), so I never developed any fond feelings as to the nature of people. Adults are really no better, they just tend to develop different strategies to assert their place in the hierarchy; regardless of how petty their aims. Someone once tried to get me fired so she would have a better chance as something I wasn't even interested in. It was a real head-shaking moment and hard to come away from with neutral feelings.

In general I don't find people overly interesting or what they have to say overly engaging. On a rare occasion someone will surprise me and say something I find value in. I also find that most don't meet the standard of their discipline. I work with a biologist who doesn't know what a eutherian mammal is........ i.e. A human. Perhaps this shouldn't inspire hate, but see point 2.

Then there is just the general annoyances. People tend to make a lot of noise no matter what they're doing. The expectation to ask people how they are knowing they have no interest of answering the question and knowing that I care even less about the answer................the general list would get quite long if I kept going so it's best to stop here.

I love my parents and there are some people I consider good friends and relatives. But I hate what human beings are doing to the world and each other. I can't go through a day without being reminded that we live in a dystopian world ravaged by hate, greed and stupidity, and that very soon we may not have a world left. Or at least one that's still somewhat livable. I also hate people who try to force their opinions on me. Like anti-vaxxers and bible-thumpers and animal "rights" activists who call me a murderer for eating an egg but do things like put cats on vegan diets until they die of malnutrition. Of course, *my* being a teetotaler or not wanting to take cannabis is weird and wrong, go figure. And of course, people who think autism is a tragedy or a terrible disease that must be cured. And it just seems to all outweigh the good things about people.

@GrownupGirl, cannabis seems to be the hot thing now here in California. It's a big gold rush-like atmosphere with "hydroponic gardening" businesses everywhere and big billboard ads touting brands of cannabis such as Korova and Kalos, weed delivery services, dispensary billboards, etc. There's a local nonprofit trying to fight back with a few anti-marijuana ads, but they're WAY outmatched. Everybody seems to be toking now, and they think you're weird if you don't.

As for the actual thread topic, yes I tend to hate humans as well. Nobody ever cared for me, ever, except my mom and her parents (the latter have been dead for over a decade). Everybody treated me as an annoyance that they couldn't wait to wash their hands of. Couldn't hold a job because I would do something "wrong" that I didn't realize was wrong and then get fired. Nobody seems to care that I exist unless it's to complain about disabled people wasting resources that could be better utilized elsewhere.

New Threads

Top Bottom