• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone have out of sync days and how often?

epath13

the Fool.The Magician.The...
V.I.P Member
I have one right now :wacko: :D it feels like my brain is frozen or in a state of some strange stagnation... It's hard to think, it's hard to write it's hard to draw, even singing and talking are difficult. I would just sit there and stare at some wall or meditate, which is basically the same thing. Unfortunately this state can last for weeks. I noticed that my son get into similar "out of sync" state but he becomes more hyper during those days. Well...my brain seems to be working at least a little bit cause I'm attempting to build some theory about it:) like...it simply happens because of some sensory overload. Too much is going on and system shuts down. It is not really much of a theory :) so what you do when you have out of sync days and how long does it last? For me, I can be in this state for weeks.... Oh, look at that, I was writing this last night and forgot to send, or maybe I forgot to continue writing:) maybe It's weather...I hate high humidity...

I am not sure but I think that could be a "shut-down" state...it is the opposite of a "melt-down", but caused by over stimulation. It could also be depression (if it continues longer than a few days). If it what I often experience, it is not quite what I'd call being depressed...it is more like being in a continuous state of confusion or even better, what you said..."out of sync". I find some alone time, sleep, good food, and some exercise REALLY help. If it is really bad, it can take me some time to get back in sync...and even then I have a lingering uneasiness that I messed something up during my out of sync period.

If no one could tell, I'm in an out of sync mode now...but I think I'm getting better.

Hope some of that helps, and I wish you luck in getting back in sync.

Thanks for the reply :) Yeah, it's pretty much similar to what you say: "continuous state of confusion" :) on those days I wish everybody could just leave me alone and let me do what I want to do but unfortunately it's not always possible... And healthy life style does make it all better, too bad that it's pretty hard to maintain it. Well...maybe life coach will help me with the maintenance :) I don't know if you're going to read this reply if so - have you ever worked with life coach before? I posted a thread but no one replied so I assumed not that many people did...

I seem to be suffering from what you've described quite badly as well. :( It kind of feels like everything is slightly slower than normal and I can't really think clearly about the simplest of things. I would describe it as a fog that slowly encroaches on my mind, and as the thoughts become obscured, I become more and more confused. I have noticed in the past when i've felt like this, it was started by, or made worse by overthinging something to the point where I was almost in a trance like state. That might just be me though.

I find that doing something that doesn't require to much thought can help, like going for a walk. Anything that would prevent me from going into that horrible daydream really.

My out of sync days seem to take place in May and June as far as I know for now. I hope I don't have them in July this year.

New Threads

Top Bottom