• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone have a special interest with time zones and electrical plugs/voltages?

Does anyone have a special interest with time zones and electrical plugs/voltages?

• Total voters

SRSAutistic

I have a special interest in time zones and electrical plugs. Does anyone else also have a special interest in time zones and electrical plugs/voltages?

When I was younger, I thought time zones were interesting. I have a lot of relatives scattered around the globe. I had to learn about time zones so that I wouldn’t accidentally call them in middle of the night while they were sleeping.

I liked staring at time zone maps. I remember seeing adjacent time zones that differed by 30 minutes instead of the usual hour. I think this happens in Central Asia. I am not sure if these times zones still exist. The world map has changed a bit since I was a kid.

When a friend of mine went to college in another time zone, I was fascinated by it all the two years he was gone. It boggles my mind.

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "electrical plugs".

I mean, there's likely some electrical stuff I could show you that you might find interesting... maybe... my house was previously owned by a professional electrician and the evidence of it is everywhere, particularly in the "wire room". And just overall I've never before seen another house that has as many outlets and switches and such as this one does.

But I've no idea if any of that is even what you mean.

As for time zones, I know little about it.

Please reply to this thread.
Only if we want to.

All jokes aside, though I don't have a special interest in this stuff I have some knowledge of electrical plugs as part of other interests. Still not sure how to tell a 32vDC plug from a 110vAC one, but I do collect the older bakelite and hard rubber plugs for repairing antique appliances.

No real use for time zones but I do not care much for Daylight Savings Time.

1659225698319.png

This map shows the odd time zone differences in Central Asia. There is a 15 minute difference in time between India and Nepal. This seems really odd. What is the point in having a 15 minute difference? Doesn’t that complicate matters?

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "electrical plugs".

I mean, there's likely some electrical stuff I could show you that you might find interesting... maybe... my house was previously owned by a professional electrician and the evidence of it is everywhere, particularly in the "wire room". And just overall I've never before seen another house that has as many outlets and switches and such as this one does.

But I've no idea if any of that is even what you mean.

As for time zones, I know little about it.
Hi @Misery,

I have a special interest in time zones and electrical plugs. If you want to know more about the electrical plugs around the world, please see the link. These links will provide you information about electricity around the world.

If you want to know more about electricity, please see this link.

Regards,

SRSAutistic

Time zones maybe a little, electricity not at all, it ws the most boring part of physics at school for me.

I think time zones are very interesting, but in a baffling way. An interesting experience I had 20 years ago was flying across the international date line and technically going backwards a day. Time travel in its infancy, perhaps.

I really dig circuits & digital logic wiring lately but it's unrelated to time zones. Anything from virtual modular synths to circuit sims and programming arduino are really satisfying interests for me lately. Controlling stuff with voltage will probably never get old for me for a really long time.

New Threads

Top Bottom