• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone else struggle to make phone calls

Maria6681

Morning
Does anyone else put off Making a phone call even relIy important ones I don't like make call at all. In saying that I don't like picking up the phone I only pick up to my son school lol...I really need to call Argos about a sofa that I just got but it has a fault with it. I know if I lev it then I am going to have to by a new one. But even knowing that I will struggle to call or not call at all

We have our share here too. Here's at least one thread on that subject:wow good on you for doing thatThere noway I could do that it would be a job from hell for me

https://www.aspiescentral.com/threads/disliking-talking-on-the-phone.12098/#post-344940

I had a terrible time with phone calls until I had no choice but to deal with them head-on as part of my job. Though I still don't particularly like using the phone and will always have some degree of issues in timing of when to speak and when to listen.

ever since i became verbal and got used to speaking sentances freely,i started using the phone but i havent been able to speak to anyone over it apart from my dad/mum/sister and learning/intellectual disability nurse but even then thats at a push.

i have a mobile phone but i only use it for texting and used it for facebook app but i havent used either of those for a while and credit has long ran out,i have no time for communication apart from on forums where you can script what you want to say-you cant do that well over the phone or face to face.

Me!

I had to get in touch with a charity that helps ones who have a very low income, to help financially and I was dreading making the call. I plucked up the courage and looked at the website and nearly jumped for joy, because there was an email address and so, I did not have to phone after all.

It is also worse, because I live in France and always panic that I won't be able to understand what is being said.

Hate phones.

ever since i became verbal and got used to speaking sentances freely,i started using the phone but i havent been able to speak to anyone over it apart from my dad/mum/sister and learning/intellectual disability nurse but even then thats at a push.

i have a mobile phone but i only use it for texting and used it for facebook app but i havent used either of those for a while and credit has long ran out,i have no time for communication apart from on forums where you can script what you want to say-you cant do that well over the phone or face to face.
Well I not had that problem As I am verbal. So I think you done amazing I will avoid phone calls like the plague lol I think mobile phone are great. But wish that they did not come with the hol calling bit. I use a mobile for apps games internet

Me!

I had to get in touch with a charity that helps ones who have a very low income, to help financially and I was dreading making the call. I plucked up the courage and looked at the website and nearly jumped for joy, because there was an email address and so, I did not have to phone after all.

It is also worse, because I live in France and always panic that I won't be able to understand what is being said.

Hate phones.
I wish I could email Argos. How long have you live there for and have you learn how to talk the language

I wish I could email Argos. How long have you live there for and have you learn how to talk the language

It actually surprises me that they wouldn't have email services in this climate of technology.

Lived in France for 14 years and can speak a bit of French; the problem why I do not speak fluent is because I am ashamed to say that I do not like the language and so the motivation is not there, despite living here, should be the motiviation. But I do speak enough to give the illusion that I speak even better lol

Oh and just found this: Contact us | Go Argos

Do you like the country it self yes it is hard to learn a second language alone but even harder when you do not have the motivation to. Thank you I will have a look at the link

It actually surprises me that they wouldn't have email services in this climate of technology.

Lived in France for 14 years and can speak a bit of French; the problem why I do not speak fluent is because I am ashamed to say that I do not like the language and so the motivation is not there, despite living here, should be the motiviation. But I do speak enough to give the illusion that I speak even better lol

I had the same thought and had a look on the Argos site and it appears they have a live chat function for returns and replacement enquiries.

Returns & Refunds | Go Argos

It mentions it in the FAQ a little way down the page.

Yes, I really struggle with phone calls. They are an anathema. Ringing up the surgery for a repeat prescription used to be something I really dreaded because I didn't have a script I could follow, I didn't know if there was anything they'd ask of me or what was going to happen, and I knew I would have to do this every month. But doing it has gotten a lot easier and no longer provokes anxiety because I'm used to doing it now.

There's one phone call I'm really putting off, that is to ring up a motorbike garage and get my bike in for a very needed service and repair and I'm hating the thought of doing it. It doesn't help that I don't think of doing it enough. I've been wanting to do this for about a year and a half. It took me all of that time to think about asking my mum for help to get me to do this.

I hate most phone calls, like booking restaurants or ordering anything.

I have been surprised in that I now love doing sales over the phone (not cold calling, I've never dared!).

Sales seems different some how. Maybe it's because I'm basically transferring enthusiasm about a special interest. What ever it works and I have a very high conversion rate.

My first jobs where there was a desk phone terrified me. I didn't know what to say, nor whether I should answer the phone sometimes.

There's one phone call I'm really putting off, that is to ring up a motorbike garage and get my bike in for a very needed service and repair and I'm hating the thought of doing it. It doesn't help that I don't think of doing it enough. I've been wanting to do this for about a year and a half. It took me all of that time to think about asking my mum for help to get me t

Learn to do it your self. At least the easy stuff.

I did and I used to love it. Saved money and most of the work got done to an obsessively high standard.
Depends what type of bike, but I self taught on Italian sportsbikes and most things were pretty easy.

Do do anything that you dont have the tools and manual for though!

I screwed up a few times too though, but so do the pros.

Yes, I really struggle with phone calls. They are an anathema. Ringing up the surgery for a repeat prescription used to be something I really dreaded because I didn't have a script I could follow, I didn't know if there was anything they'd ask of me or what was going to happen, and I knew I would have to do this every month. But doing it has gotten a lot easier and no longer provokes anxiety because I'm used to doing it now.

There's one phone call I'm really putting off, that is to ring up a motorbike garage and get my bike in for a very needed service and repair and I'm hating the thought of doing it. It doesn't help that I don't think of doing it enough. I've been wanting to do this for about a year and a half. It took me all of that time to think about asking my mum for help to get me to do this.
I got a new sofaer lest week but there something wrong with it. And I if I did not call then it would not last very long. But I do not even think that would make me call them. But someone on here give me a link and I can do it my email that mad my evening

Thank you I when on that link and I can get it sorted by email that made my evening

I have been surprised in that I now love doing sales over the phone (not cold calling, I've never dared!).

Sales seems different some how

Know what you mean, always have been good at selling, its a job that makes money and I become the 'sales person' on the phone, not the person who doesn't like to talk as I have a 'script' and know exactly what to say.

New Threads

Top Bottom