• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone else love Bret Easton Ellis novels?

BrokenBoy

戯言使い(Nonsense User)
He's probably up there with NiSiOiSiN and Murakami Haruki as one of my favorite authors. His stories are so funny that I laugh out loud more than once and yet they can also be very bleak and emotional near the end. I will never forget the very dark plotline in In The Rules of Attraction where
Sean and Lauren go on their car ride and there is an graphic description of dead roadkill and blood all over the road and snow. It gives an spooky horror vibe. I also like the chapters with the conflicting POV descriptions of Sean and Lauren going on their melancholic road trip to nowhere in particular as their relationship is about to fall apart and they are just starting to realize it which leads to them going to an abortion clinic to abort the child Lauren is pregnant with. It's a pretty disturbing plotline if I do say so myself.
Has anyone else read his novels? What do you guys think of them?

i really liked American Psycho and think about Patrick Bateman quite often. I read Less Than Zero but didn't love it, and Glamorama was pretty good, but odd. It's a long time since I read them, they haven't made me want to read all his books. There are always more things to read, but if i saw one in a charity shop/thrift store I would buy. What are your favourites?

What are your favourites?
I honestly don't know. I can't really choose which one is the best because most of them have something that's done better than the rest with the exception of Imperial Bedrooms which not bad, but definitely the weakest.

New Threads

Top Bottom