• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone else love baking?

I just love to make cupcakes and cookies.

Pretty much the only baking I do...cupcakes and cookies. Can't say I make them from scratch though. Does this disqualify me? :p

I used to make cakes in a rectangular pan..but got tired of how uneven the top of the cake would be. Thought about buying those "cake strips" that wrap around the pan to absorb and distribute heat more easily, but have actually never tried them. Using wet towels didn't seem to work.

Me too! Although I'm hopeless at cooking other food, the instructions aren't ever specific enough for my literal interpretation of it all.

My favourite thing to make is a tray of gooey chocolate brownies - sometimes I put chocolate chips, a biscuit base, fudge or oreo bits inside. Although it's mostly sugar so definitely not a healthy choice. I avoid making full-size cakes since it's devastating when it sticks to the pan & all falls apart!

Pretty much the only baking I do...cupcakes and cookies. Can't say I make them from scratch though. Does this disqualify me? :p

I used to make cakes in a rectangular pan..but got tired of how uneven the top of the cake would be. Thought about buying those "cake strips" that wrap around the pan to absorb and distribute heat more easily, but have actually never tried them. Using wet towels didn't seem to work.
No it doesn't lol I never make mine from scratch.

I'm still struggling to make a decent batch of fudge. My mother used to make it all the time when I was younger...she made it look easy.

I have this odd sensitivity issue towards heat coming from a direct place-- specifically ovens. So I dislike baking. I do, however, rather enjoy cooking stovetop(frying pan) foods!

I like making something called egg noodles, which is just noodles cooked with a bit of salt with butter added to it ... My uncle made me some when I came home after surgery one night and I loved egg noodles ever since. In case your wondering, I had my appendix removed at the age of nine.

Years ago I was sitting at the kitchen table with my Mum talking, when behind us we heard my little sister (who was only about 10 at the time) start yelling obsenities. We turned around to find out what was going on as she held up an egg and yelled "You stupid son of a chicken!" Being a "proper" home, this was absolutely shocking. Mum said to her "What on earth are you doing??"

She responded "It says to stir the egg".

Aspie trait maybe? Hehehe

I think she got all my portion of baking ability.

Ughhhhh, my old nemesis, baking and cooking. Seriously, any more than 4 ingredients means Turk having to get takeaway. Even when I manage to pull it off, if the family spends anymore than a minute looking at and sniffing it, back into the car for the takeaway run.

We turned around to find out what was going on as she held up an egg and yelled "You stupid son of a chicken!" Being a "proper" home, this was absolutely shocking. Mum said to her "What on earth are you doing??"
Funniest thing I've heard today! :D

Contrary to what most people believe, most eggs aren't actually fertilized, so we're not eating baby chickens . . . just chicken periods, as Dylan Moran calls them in his bit about mornings (language warning):

]

Ughhhhh, my old nemesis, baking and cooking. Seriously, any more than 4 ingredients means Turk having to get takeaway. Even when I manage to pull it off, if the family spends any more than a minute looking at and sniffing it, back into the car for the takeaway run.
Baking and cooking are two different things (although baking is a type of cooking, really), so you actually have more than one nemesis. You've got nemeses. :eek:

I'm not much good at cooking myself, so don't worry too much, Turk.

So this isn't a thread about barking, after all.
The odds weren't great, but it could have been 'barking,'
not baking.
In which case, I was all set to mention talking back to
coyotes.

Baking. OK. Things I have made....creme puffs, bagels,
chapatis, bread, cake, cookies, pies...etc. The last four
made from beans.

Maybe I can get new glasses this fall.

image.jpg
I used to bake a lot, then decided wheat wasn't so good for my brain/gut/brain. :p

What are these?
Did I already ask you if your little fingertip
extends past the last joint of your ring finger?
Or does not reach that far? (Braly's sign)
They're Almond Butter Cookies, I still make them once a year.

On my right hand it just does, on my left hand it does not.

Can I ressurect this thread for baking enthusiasts? (I had a search on the forum and couldn't see any recent cake ones). I can no longer eat cake myself, but love baking things for other people and I'm always looking for interesting ideas. Does anyone have any photos of things they have made or things they would like to make?

I love baking cookies. I have used some of the same recipes (a few which are family recipes) for decades. I obsess over the feel of the dough, exactly how long I cook each batch for, how soon I bag them after they cool to keep them soft. I'm really in my zone and happy when I bake.

If anyone is interested in swapping recipes, I'm happy to share mine.

New Threads

Top Bottom