• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does anyone else do this with their special interest too?

Jena

Hey y'all so was curious if anyone else does this, where they literally have a difficult time buying stuff UNLESS it's related to special interest. Like with me, it is animals. Every single thing I buy has always and I mean always been around animals. I can't buy something if it's not animal related. Not even clothes. It must have some sort of animal on it for me to be willing to buy it.

Everytime I go some place with a giftshop, I scavange around to find even the smallest thing with a animal on it, in order for me to be interest in it. (hence why I hate Art museums because their gift shops never have things I am able to buy because it's just art books most of the time)

Even when I go to vendors at conventions and such I look carefully to see if there are things with animals on it, if I don't see any, I don't want to go to that vendor.

So does anyone else have related experience with this?

I might know what you mean... Other than photography, one area of special interest for me since I was a child is classic cars...

As an adult I enjoy collecting vintage photos, paper ephemera, and anything that catches my eye... One thing I always look for is vintage photos that have cars or trucks in them, back when the cars were new... Also transportation related, I have a small collection of road maps from across Canada, I have 1950's road maps of every province in Canada, except Newfoundland! o_O There must be some examples out there but I live in Alberta...

I also like to purchase books related to transportation, particularly historical information...

If it has something to do with classic cars I might buy it, for over ten years now I've had the front badge for a 1950 Standard Vanguard, I purchased it for the grand sum of $5 at an automotive flea market, it just sits on my bookshelf, just for the record I will probably never buy a 1950 Standard Vanguard.... :rolleyes:

I understand it, but as my interest is science, and my family is a bit restrictive in my options to buy stuff, I can’t do it. (Science themed clothes are hard to come by too.)

New Threads

Top Bottom