• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Does a 4G/5G booster do its job?

Lemon Zing

I have a service on the O2 network via Giffgaff's best offer, the £35 always on goodybag, but all I get is 4G. In general, it's absolutely fine and most of the time, I hardly notice that the Internet is slow. I'm eligible for 5G at no additional cost. However, one requires a phone that's also 5G enabled.

For some sites though, that involve streaming, the videos won't play. I've also got a problem where my phone reads 4G until I move into another spot. It then says H+ and often won't resume as 4G. :oops:

With boosters, I don't know for certain, but I think your SIM has to go into the booster. But I use my phone for calls and web access. I can use devices over the hotspot feature.

I only get a full signal if I place my phone upright against a window. So does anyone use a booster? If so, is the performance to your satisfaction? :)

Moving from wilderness to rural, I've tried a few of the better offerings. They do amplify the signal. However...
Like any cellular device, they need a decent signal to operate. If you do not have an operable signal, the booster can't make one up for you. What they can do is take a weak but operable signal and make it less troublesome. They are no better at picking up a weak signal than your phone is. But they have the advantage of being 'placeable' in case there's a usable reception site within cable's reach. (And remember the cable is of finite length--a spec you will want to check into.)
OTOH - Both of the units I tried could be returned for refund if they didn't solve the problem. If you try a booster, make sure it's returnable in case it doesn't work for you.

Cheers, man.

I will definitely look into getting one. They are kind of expensive. I was asking a sales assistant about this in Curry's yesterday. I mistook it as a Wi-Fi router. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom