• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you think of life like odds?

Tony Ramirez

Single forever. Friends?
V.I.P Member
I think like that. Meaning something I have a 5/10 chance of it happening.

So something positive like making new friends is 4/10. Then we go way off like a girl talking to me is 1/100 chance. Same with being in a relationship.

Then negative things have better ods like being ignored at a new place got 9/10 chance.

I do this too, but express it as a percentage. That something has a 95% percent chance of happening, or 32%. It's rarely at 100%.

l think everything can be broken down into mathematical odds. It sounds very cold but it does help one deal with things. But the odds of meeting somebody you really really like are slim.

Don't do odds but very keen on this...... what 3/5 things made you happy today
Top well most things
Reminds me of the guy from the film ''High fedelity" based on the book by Nick Hornby

But the odds of meeting somebody you really really like are slim.
Yes. Let's break down. 1 is you. 99 is the odds of it not happening. Gives you 1/100. This can be in a big crowd or out and about somewhere.

Now in a confined group if we talk about someone already married the odds of interaction go up but they are useless. Then when you factor in the age difference with the same group confinement mother's grandmother age the number is like 60/100 again useless. I just factor in the odds from experience and that's what I experience. However if it is in a confined group the odds of talking to a single girl goes up to 40/100.

Just don't remind me a decade or so ago going to a party and three girls asked me where the rest room was. I don't know how to factor in those odds.

Last edited:
Yes. Let's break down. 1 is you. 99 is the odds of it not happening. Gives you 1/100. This can be in a big crowd or out and about somewhere.

Now in a confined group if we talk about someone already married the odds of interaction go up but they are useless. Then when you factor in the age difference with the same group confinement mother's grandmother age the number is like 60/100 again useless. I just factor in the odds from experience and that's what I experience. However if it is in a confined group the odds of talking to a single girl goes up to 40/100.

Just don't remind me a decade or so ago going to a party and three girls asked me where the rest room was. I don't know how to factor in those odds.

Plenty of people to meet. But the odds of it being your type? Can be impossible. So when l finally meet my type - pure happiness.Its been 40 years that l waited. It doesn't guarantee anything but it still feels great.

But l did do something out of my norm. So putting yourself out to meet does help.

IR means impossible relationships. Even made up a radio station if you want to know how it would sound link to sig to Drone Zone.

I just go by odds from bad experiences. Forgot my odds of a guy approach me is about 60/100 or maybe higher as I was approached by a creepy one on Saturday why I bolted and one today wanted $10. Also when Church was opened I was approached with greetings from random guys half the time. Girls I knew a few and girls I did not know my mother's age about half the time and girls around my age big fat goose egg.

As I say the only woman that approach me I know and are married so they are useless. I also forgot I get the 1/100 from when I nearly tripped and a woman not my mother's age asked twice if I was okay. But since then I did not have 100 encountered so it might be like 1/60.

Last edited:
I do, but then I assume people are going to be consistent and then they aren't.

I think about things like artificial intelligence and so on. Like a computer can calculate the odds of a bridge failing under high winds or whatever because the bridge stays the same, but people are so much more complicated...they say one thing and then suddenly they do the opposite. Like I go into a 'does not compute' breakdown not entirely unlike a computer sometimes trying to deal with people

My advice is to not give up hope. My ex-girlfriend was a really nice catholic girl just looking for a nice guy and she was great, it was just having sexual assault and manipulation issues being misunderstood and blamed on me and having undiagnosed ASD that messed everything up almost entirely as a consequence of inconvenient sexusl assaults and manipulations resulting in endless consequences and punishments and disbelief and being gnged up on with not to explain anything. But the breakup was really not even about her and me, it was about pressure from every direction from people who did not get things telling her I am awful in endless ways. But you are going into this knowing ASD is an issue and so on.

—-

I just cannot help thinking about things in very complicated ways. For example, a large percentage of catholic priests are gay

Homosexual clergy in the Catholic Church - Wikipedia

I imagine that some of the guys who approach you are along the same lines, where they are both devoted Catholics and gay and you are attractive to them. Or at least that’s what I experienced going to a large college in the area and city of the state where gays tend to move to.

Then little old ladies may not be as harmless as they seem, they might be judging you as a potential husband for their granddaughter or might just be interested in you sexually themselves.

And things clueless men are told these days are often just not true. Eligible women seem to have many suitors and often just seem too select the guy with the best career who says the right things, even if, in the end he is a total creep. Men lie because it works and women fall for these lies. And women tend to reject unusual or awkward or wrongly stated things because society tells women that an awkward compliment is sexual harassment or creepy or dangerous or whatever

But there are decent women out there searching for a nice devoted guy, it’s just that there is a sophisticated game going on from many directions with endless pitfalls in trying to find these women

It’s hard to explain anything these days in the “gotcha” culture where the wrong sequence of words or inconvenient realities are just off limits. But I really wish that ASD men could catch a break with such things, there is a complicated confusing social message control and dominant power game going on and attempts to explain or understand this game being “hate” is just the opposite of helpful.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom