• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you think my dad has Autism or is on the spectrum in some way ?

Swiftykitty

Do you think my dad has Autism or is the spectrum in some way? I do . My dad is very high functioning, here are something reasons I believe that he is on the spectrum . My dad has a very high IQ like above average , he is sensitive to noise and smells anything rattling in the car will dive him nuts he and he won’t calm down till Someone makes it stop . He won’t change the cat litter and wouldn’t change my sisters diapers because he gags so much because of the smells. He stems by rubbing his finger repeatedly up and down along the edge of his nose ,shaking his leg and taping the tips of all his fingers together repeatedly. He doesn’t like change . If we say we are going to cartain restaurant and then my mom decides she wants to go to a different restaurant my dad doesn’t want to
He says he already has the taste of the first restaurant in his mouth and he is not going anywhere else. My dad doesn’t like to go to large social functions and sometimes appears awkward . My dad is very literal and he is exact about time like if someone says we are supposed to be at a meeting at 5:30 he thinks that we must be there at exactly 5:30 we can’t get there any time before or after even if it’s only one minute after. My dad is very bad with others feelings and doesn’t really like to talk . My dad tends to push away others feelings or ignore them and obvious problems because I think he doesn’t know how to deal with them . My dad also has a special interest with guns . He loves target shooting, he has stacks of gun magazines . He has several books about Navy Seals . He loves movies about the military and Navy Seals . He used to watch gun shows about target shooting he probably has a collection of I don’t know how many guns . ( If you were worried I can tell you this interest only goes as far as target shooting and safety and protection .

We can't tell you if he does or not; if you think he does then he should consult a Doctor who specializes in Autism to get a diagnoses

Much of what you describe points in the AS direction, but as already said, we can't say for sure any more than you can. If he's interested to find out then he should do so.

New Threads

Top Bottom