• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you think Hollywood have run out of ideas?

Adora

there is remakes and reboots of everything,also even though I like superhero movies I think that there are starting to get too much for me, do you think Hollywood has completely lost there ability to make a original movie and characters? and what type of movies you wish they made more of?

There's a reason I haven't been to the multiplex since 2009.

It's all about maximizing profit. The only way that those movies will stop being made is if people stop going to them.

There are theatres out there that might show something different, but you might have to work to find them.

There is a wide held belief that there are in fact only a limited number of stories to be told - new stories only vary in the minor details. Numbers of stories typically vary from 1 to 36, depending on how you categorise them.
Even about 3000 years ago, a wise man called Solomon said:
What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun. Is there anything of which one can say, “Look! This is something new”? It was here already, long ago; it was here before our time.

Last edited:
There is a wide held belief that there are in fact only a limited number of stories to be told - new stories only vary in the minor details. Numbers of stories typically vary from 1 to 36, depending on how you categorise them.
Even about 3000 years ago, a wise man called Solomon said:
http://www.socialmediatoday.com/con...-they-can-dramatically-improve-your-marketing

7 story archetypes are:

1. Overcoming the Monster
  2. Rags to Riches
  3. The Quest
  4. Voyage and Return
  5. Comedy
  6. Tragedy
  7. Rebirth
-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thirty-Six_Dramatic_Situations
36 situations

This is an interesting thread, as I got in a discussion not long ago with someone about Hollywood's lack of originality. With so many excellent books out there (old and new), why can't they take one and create an entertaining movie from it? For instance, one of my favorite books is, "The Horn of Africa" by Philip Caputo. Frankly, I think it would make for an excellent two-part mini-series:

View attachment 24230

What started the conversation I had at work was about "The Renevant." Though it is supposed to be an excellent movie, it's a retelling of "Man in the Wilderness," which was a variation of the story about Hugh Glass:

I agree there are a lot of books out there that have never been made into movies maybe Hollywood could start to turn to those instead of just redoing classic movies which they are doing a lot of.

I agree there are a lot of books out there that have never been made into movies maybe Hollywood could start to turn to those instead of just redoing classic movies which they are doing a lot of.

True, I think it's not so much that Hollywood is out of ideas, it's just that there are lots of better ideas out there that they don't want to use.

Even about 3000 years ago, a wise man called Solomon said: What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun. Is there anything of which one can say, “Look! This is something new”? It was here already, long ago; it was here before our time.
When the story is well told, and the characters are presented in such a way as to make you care about them, you feel like you're hearing it for the first time. Not so, when it's badly told, with characters you don't care about.

I wonder if the problem is that Hollywood just realized that they could sell crap to people through clever marketing and lies. Maybe Hollywood got into politics ?

I wish I could produce and direct. I would do remakes...of movies that flopped the first time around. At least there's room for improvement.

Number-crunchers are firmly in control in Hollywood. It isn't that creativity is dead. However it's been sidelined in favor of recycling past formulas with proven and more importantly limited, but predictable box office success. And appeal that is generally dominant to only one demographic.

A formula which is intended to yield less profits per picture, but consistently predictable profits as opposed to risking losses. It sells very well to shareholders at a time where equity means a lot to a studio's bottom line on a routine and quarterly basis.

When you hear about something that sounds really good and original, check out where the film came from. Probably not Hollywood. ;)

Last edited:
Yes, they ran out of ideas about 30 years ago. Everything now is a remake. I've even heard a rumour they want to remake, once again, "The Thomas Crown Affair"! I hope it's not true, but knowing them it probably is.

Yes, they ran out of ideas about 30 years ago. Everything now is a remake. I've even heard a rumour they want to remake, once again, "The Thomas Crown Affair"! I hope it's not true, but knowing them it probably is.
Soon it will be remakes of remakes of remakes,spiderman comes to mind with that they are doing yet another origin story of him again.

New Threads

Top Bottom