• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you still plan to dress up for Halloween this year?

Pink Jazz

With COVID-19, I was wondering, do you still plan to dress up for Halloween this year?

While I won't go trick-or-treating or give out candy, I will still dress up in my signature male pink fairy outfit consisting of pink fairy wings, a pink interlock polo shirt, pink chino shorts, a pink baseball cap, plush pink slippers, pink glow wristbands, a pink glow necklace, and a pink glow wand. I do it for my cute cousin (she is 24 years old but still is very cute).

How about you?

Sounds like your outfit is nice, and very pink. I've not dressed up for halloween in years. And few people here go door to door. I've still carving pumpkins though and putting candles in them and putting them outside to mark the occasion. I'll also make some sort of traditional halloween themed meal as well.

We get a lot of trick or treaters (about 300) every year. With COVID-19 being an issue, I'm thinking of passing out candy dressed as an evil surgeon, with mask, gloves, and a bloodstained white coat.

No trick or treaters here in the neighborhood.
But, you can still be ghoulish...
!cid__A48291F6BF343B44AD245425F053E066@namprd22_prod_outlook.jpg

Your outfit does sound cute :). I'm not going to, it's not really a thing out here. Have fun though!

I've never dressed up for Halloween anyway, I also grew up in a rather conservative Christian family where even as a child I got to help hand out the candy at the door o_O... Actually it never really bothered me that much as I recall, and even as adult I never really picked the habit/enjoyment of it...

Haven't celebrated Halloween too often as a parent, because of religious reasons. But we did last year when I was diagnosed with cancer, and my daughter, suffering from depression over my diagnosis, needed a really fun event to cheer her up.

This year, I'm now in a wheelchair, and very weakened from treatment. We'll dress up and go trick or treating again. You know, keep it happy.

Her sport that she plays is Archery, so she's going to dress in all black and carry her bow, and I'll braid her hair. She'll be Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games.

My daughter had the idea of dressing me up as Effie Trinket (the eccentric woman from the Hunger Games). She says that we could wrap my wheelchair in bright tulle to simulate a poofy skirt. And since I have a "chemo curl" afro (after chemotherapy, your hair grows back very kinky and curly), it would match the hairstyle of Effie.

It'd be fun!

I don't know what I'm going to dress as, but I am still going to celebrate Halloween. We also don't get many trick-or-treaters in recent years, so I'm not sure if my parents are going to have us hand out candy this year. I love seeing the costumes little kids come up with so I hope we do.

Speaking of fairies, while I know Halloween is supposed to be all spooky, to go with the fairy theme, I might play some of the smooth jazz works of Paul Hardcastle while I am in the pink fairy outfit. For some reason his music makes me think I am in a fairy tale.

I might have another go at doing a Cenobite (from Hellraiser). Last year I tried it, but I made it more complicated than it had to be and nothing worked out the way I'd planned - it was a good thing I didn't actually have anything to dress up for and I was doing it just for my own enjoyment. But I again have nothing to dress up for and am not feeling very motivated to do it right now.

For my costume, good thing I stocked up on glow wands and ordered the pink necklaces and wristbands from Amazon. I was at Dollar Tree today and they were pretty much totally out of glow products. The pink glow wands are tough to get year-round (I prefer them with a traditional star, not with a flower, heart, or unicorn).

I’m considering dressing up at least. I usually went trick or treating but I think I won’t this year plus my mom probably wouldn’t want me to go due to COVID-19. I never handed out candy before but I don’t think I’ll do it this year either.

Nah, I won't be dressing up as I won't be expecting any trick or treaters this year.
So it'll likely be me watching some Halloween-themed movies/TV specials between now and October 31st.

New Threads

Top Bottom