• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you prefer the children's menu?

At restaurants, do you prefer ordering off of the children's menu?

• Yes

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters

Fino

Alex
V.I.P Member
I prefer ordering from the children's menu for the following reasons:

1. The other menu has too many unnecessary words, such as flowery descriptions and titles that have no relation to the food.
2. The other menu has too many options. The few things I order make up most of the children's menu.
3. The other menu has too many words, caused by the above reasons.
4. The other menu is too large, making it awkward to handle, caused by the above reasons.
5. The other menu has conspiratorially large portion sizes.

I've only been told once that I can't and that was because it was a less nice area of LA and the server was a grumpy old lady.

Actually just the opposite. I never did like the food that most kids like. I can't stand hot dogs, mac'n'cheese, ravioli from a can, bologna. When I reached adulthood and gained some independence, I stopped eating all those foods.

Do you prefer the children's menu?

No, they don't taste very nice :p

???

upload_2019-6-13_14-57-30.png

I prefer the child portion sizes and it's the same food. Back when I was dating, my dates used to tell me all the time I ate like a child anyway -fries instead of baked potatoes, etc. Some places will let you and some won't, but often the menu will say child and senior and I'm glad. :) I don't like too fancy food.

Oh and I love Happy meals and collect the toys for the grandkids.

no the main reason the word children

You must be that old lady that served me! :eek:

Arbitrarily title a differently constructed menu as "children's" and you get a large segment of the population to make judgments not relevant to the facts of the matter, being simply a difference in options, portion size, and presentation. :)

I like eating a lot, so I don't. I think I moved from the adult menu quite young, and haven't looked back. I was a chubby kid!

But I don't think there's anything wrong with ordering from the kids menu as an adult. People really are overly concerned with what other people eat.

I like ordering from the seniors' menu. The entrees are usually the same but portions smaller - and that's often still more food than I can eat!

You must be that old lady that served me! :eek:

Arbitrarily title a differently constructed menu as "children's" and you get a large segment of the population to make judgments not relevant to the facts of the matter, being simply a difference in options, portion size, and presentation. :)
not possible I wouldn't get within 10 feet of children

Nope. That would be awkward considering I'm a senior citizen.

If I want to eat less food I can always leave it on the plate.

I do not order off of the children's menu but I do order off of the senior menu. It is about the same except I do not get a prize. I just do not eat like I used to.

Only when I was really little. I've no issues making choices from the menu or handling the menu either.

No. Not really.
In my experience so far (UK)
everything on the plate just gets covered in baked beans.

The sauce from the beans makes other items on the plate a mushy, soggy mess. Like it's partly digesting them.

I'd rather be sick in my own mouth (and likely would be) than attempt to eat a plateful of nondescript, stodgey, orange mush.

Traumatised by the humble baked bean :)

No, definitely not.
1. Kids' food is always bland and boring - I like spicy food, rich in flavour.
2. It's always junk food - chips (fries), plain white bread and no salad, plain simple unhealthy ingredients like processed meat and cheese. I don't like fries.
3. Portions too small. If I want a smaller portion, I order from the starters menu.
4. I have nothing against baked beans, but prefer to make my own at home rather than eat them from a can :)
5. I rarely eat out these days.

The best ever title for a dish I have ever seen on a menu was "chicken on a mission." These humorous descriptions are fine, as long as there is a picture, ingredients list and description of the dish I can refer to.

I find there is a lot more variety for my tastes, which a child menu and also the quantity is not over facing.

I don't eat the larger portions like I used to, but, most restaurants have Senior menus which are smaller portioned, sometimes I just get an appetizer, and a lot of places now have a section titled Smaller Plates.
I prefer the taste of the adult foods. Just usually don't want the large portions.

New Threads

Top Bottom