• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you like watching ambient music videos on YouTube?

AGXStarseed

I've been cycling through some videos on YouTube and noticed that there's a fair amount of ambient music set to certain locations.
The images on these videos can be set anywhere, from in/around a home, inside a building like a cafe or library, out in nature like in the woods, focusing on weather like a thunderstorm or even set in/around a fictional location like Hogwarts from Harry Potter or Rivendell from Lord of the Rings.

Question is, do you guys like watching any of these when you want to relax, meditate or sleep?

I'll give you some examples:

01. Wood Cabin during a Snowstorm

02. Beach Cafe

03. Rainy Train Journey

04. Spaceship

05. Hogwarts at Sunrise

There are with different themes, I also like the ones with themes as Miyazaki and lord of the rings.
Thanks for sharing :)

I'm at work so I can't listen - but is this ambient as in background noise for certain locations etc?

The genre of ambient music is pretty far reaching I must admit. Some of it is minimal to the point there is no real rhythm etc. Slow paced ambient music is nice for meditation or walks outside.

One subgenre of ambient I like is Psybient which is a fusion of Psy Trance and Ambient music. They're often space themed, long pieces with gradual and climactic builds.

Ed

Yes, but not on a normal screen. I have the tech available to go further than that, so I do.

This one is pretty special, and this sort of thing is one of the reasons I bought the Rift:

Ignore the boop noises and messages popping up near the end, I forgot to tell Steam to shut the heck up before recording.

Of course, this is VR, so the true experience cant quite be captured on a 2D video. But one way or another... it is truly amazing when you're in it. You can mess around with stuff, as I do a bit, or you can simply grab a chair, sit down, and relax. Each area is *huge*, so there's alot of spots you can move to.

Yes. I love ambient music to sleep and meditate to.
@AGXStarseed I would love to have a bedroom that looks like the starship sleeping quarters.

And the VR would be very, very nice. I could find space scenes with music.
Oh, my. I'm dreaming now!
I settle for ambient music on cable channels. :rolleyes:

Another one from me. One thing I like regarding these videos is that if you scroll through the comments sections, the comments are generally really nice. :)

I'm at work so I can't listen - but is this ambient as in background noise for certain locations etc?

The genre of ambient music is pretty far reaching I must admit. Some of it is minimal to the point there is no real rhythm etc. Slow paced ambient music is nice for meditation or walks outside.

One subgenre of ambient I like is Psybient which is a fusion of Psy Trance and Ambient music. They're often space themed, long pieces with gradual and climactic builds.

Ed

What do you think of this Psybient video?

I like them, but the ones I like are more Horror/Lovecraft themed. Like Cryo Chamber and Iron Cthulu Apocalypse. I don't try to sleep to them.

Yes, all the time, but only to listen. I don't watch any videos.

Right now, I'm listening to Vivaldi's four seasons:

One of my favorites is: Fantastic Beasts.

New Threads

Top Bottom