• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you like My Little Pony?

JuniperBug

Rainbow Bird of Friendliness
I love the show. The colors and the morals and the humor...it's just very entertaining to me. It's an interest that most people seem to find silly but I thought you guys might be slightly more supportive.

Anyway, if you are a fan...

Who's your favorite pony? What's your favorite song? Do you have a favorite episode or season?

For me, I loved the finale of season 3 and all the songs in there "Morning in Ponyville" and "What my Cutie Mark Is Telling Me" and "A True True Friend". Such a great episode and finale.

I think Rainbow Dash is the most beautiful pony but I don't like her personality very much. I prefer Rarity. I love to see as a group though. They just look so great together.

mane_6_group_vector_by_fehlung-d584pb9.png

And here's some fan art of them as humans that I think show's their personalities really well. I love how they represent so many different kinds of femininity.

1cf78c69826603f737408a1c6451201c.jpg

mane_6___pony__human_by_trinityinyang-d5hlrzp.png

Also, here's a quiz!
Which 'My Little Pony' Are You? - Quiz - Zimbio

My kids are obsessed with MLP. I loved them when I was little, and I enjoy studying the different personalities of the ponies a little...it's not a huge interest or anything, though, just something I notice here and there when the kids have the shows going on TV.

1381459061-0.jpg

I enjoy the show, but I am not nearly so large a fan as some. I haven't even watched all of the episodes yet. I do however love the show for it's ability to deal with real world issues while still remaining completely in it's own milieu.

I probably identify most with Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy, but Rainbow dash is a favorite of mine. Yes, she can be a jerk, but I admire her assertiveness and energetic enthusiasm. She reminds me of some of the kick-ass derby girls I used to know, an I wish I could be a bit more like her. I told this to my mom once and she felt the need to remind me that I am an adult and shouldn't be using cartoon ponies as roll models. LOL

My favorite song would have to be "Find a Pet". My favorite episode? I'll get back to you on that.

I like fluttershy and rarity the best,I feel I can identify with fluttershy because I'm very Shy and I love animals,also love my little pony from my childhood and I collect toys from all generations aswell.

I have an almost 4 year old daughter who loves to watch tv when she has the time. MLP is one of those shows for girls that i think is not overly concerned with being girly. The focus is on the different personalities of the characters, how they relate to one another, and how they solve problems together as they arise. For that, I salute Lauren Faust and the other people behind the show. It's too easy to expose girls to annoying stereotypes and in doing so perpetuate the costly side of traditional femininity.

I love my daughter, I don't love stereotypes as much!

I'm a pretty big fan. I love Rarity a lot. My pony personality says that I'm Princess Luna, and as a true selenophile I think I'll agree with that ^_^

I LOVE MLP! As a child, if I started having scary thoughts while I was trying to sleep, I would play the opening of the show in my head to replace the bad thoughts.
I didn't used to like the "new" ponies. I thought they were too "sexed up" compared to the vintage 80's ponies, but I have since come around.
I adore Rainbow Dash!

I used to love it a lot and, looking back on it, maybe even slightly obsessed by it. (Going to brony meets and everything) but it has died down for me. I still enjoy looking at the art from time to time but don't watch the episodes anymore.

It did teach me how to draw and that was a pretty big hobby for me for quite a while, gotten pretty decent at it but then the perfectionist in me came up and made me too insecure to draw more, even if people kept telling me it looked good but ah well, maybe one day when I feel like it.

Personally I liked Fluttershy the most just for how adorable she is, but personality wise I think I'm closest to Twilight for awkward geeky reasons :3

MLP:FiM used to be one of my major special interests about 3 - 4 years ago, but bullying (on another autism site no less) caused me to rapidly lose interest.

Anyway, I'm really glad to see Rarity getting some love in this thread. In the beginning of the fandom, I remember the general consensus being that Applejack and Rarity were the least favorites. This caused me to feel sorry for Rarity and I began to appreciate her more as a result, although that wasn't much of a stretch for me because I tend to really enjoy sassy, overly-dramatic characters (which is also why Disgust is my favorite Inside Out emotion).

Speaking of feeling sorry for Rarity, I remember drawing a short comic where she was outside in the rain in a cardboard box (ala Oliver & Company), only to be "adopted" by Victoria Everglot from Corpse Bride. This is because Victoria is another under-appreciated character whom I enjoy, so I wanted the two of them to find comfort with each other. Even though it's been a few years since I drew that comic, I still really like the idea (and characters) behind it. I just wish I hadn't thrown that comic away like I do with all my other artwork...

Hmmm. I bought my youngest grand daughter a Hello Kitty backpack, maybe I should have made it a My Little Pony. She does seem to like horses. I better research this a little better. It is hard for us old folks to know what is the in thing and I really want to get it right.

Yes. Not as much as I was a few years ago, but i still enjoy it :) It's hard to choose which of the mane 6 I like best but i like RD and Applejack is very underrated. I can identify with Fluttershy, Maud Pie and that sad pony from Twilight's past that she tries to make amends with in season 5 (i can't remember her name)

Yes. Not as much as I was a few years ago, but i still enjoy it :) It's hard to choose which of the mane 6 I like best but i like RD and Applejack is very underrated. I can identify with Fluttershy, Maud Pie and that sad pony from Twilight's past that she tries to make amends with in season 5 (i can't remember her name)
Moon Dancer!

New Threads

Top Bottom