• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you have Five Below?

DaisyRose

V.I.P Member
I recently went to a store called Five Below. It’s kinda like Dollar Tree, but better. I wanted to ask and see if anyone has a store like this in their area. Everything in the store is 5 dollars or below, which is awesome and affordable. I can’t wait to make another trip back. I added photos of everything I got at Five Below yesterday.

Attachments

• BCD00F8C-C0F0-41E3-ACCE-0EFF9F03FFE8.jpeg
    BCD00F8C-C0F0-41E3-ACCE-0EFF9F03FFE8.jpeg
    413.6 KB · Views: 41
  • AAFBEDB5-8EBF-4D5A-B717-723147CDB783.jpeg
    AAFBEDB5-8EBF-4D5A-B717-723147CDB783.jpeg
    328 KB · Views: 36
  • 43864FA5-C411-4569-9730-CC689C4724F8.jpeg
    43864FA5-C411-4569-9730-CC689C4724F8.jpeg
    421.9 KB · Views: 30
  • D476C033-7142-45E5-AB59-4AE560D6EBD2.jpeg
    D476C033-7142-45E5-AB59-4AE560D6EBD2.jpeg
    678.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 1E874421-D3A7-4E45-AFAA-9093B3277784.jpeg
    1E874421-D3A7-4E45-AFAA-9093B3277784.jpeg
    444.7 KB · Views: 33
  • F797846B-47A2-4208-9AC5-0C2911089A5E.jpeg
    F797846B-47A2-4208-9AC5-0C2911089A5E.jpeg
    452.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 858B080F-4F33-4214-864F-AD7EBF5FBFC2.jpeg
    858B080F-4F33-4214-864F-AD7EBF5FBFC2.jpeg
    599.5 KB · Views: 37
Yeah there's a Five Below by my local Walmart.

Sadly, despite the name, everything at the store is NOT $5 or less. I know this because mine has stuff for over $5 lol.

False advertising imo. (Not really)

Yeah there's a Five Below by my local Walmart.

Sadly, despite the name, everything at the store is NOT $5 or less. I know this because mine has stuff for over $5 lol.

False advertising imo. (Not really)
Everything I purchased was either 5 dollars or below. I was suspicious of it, so I looked at every price tag of what I purchased and it was 5 dollars or below. I also looked at most of the items and it was the same. I think some stores in different places price things differently. My friend said she has Five Below in a mall, so they might have a different way they handle prices. Just like the one in Walmart might have the same thing. Where I went it had its own individual store. Good to know it’s might be priced differently in other places, which sucks because it’s false advertising like you said.

Everything I purchased was either 5 dollars or below. I was suspicious of it, so I looked at every price tag of what I purchased and it was 5 dollars or below. I also looked at most of the items and it was the same. I think some stores in different places price things differently. My friend said she has Five Below in a mall, so they might have a different way they handle prices. Just like the one in Walmart might have the same thing. Where I went it had its own individual store. Good to know it’s might be priced differently in other places, which sucks because it’s false advertising like you said.
Well even their own website has a Five Beyond section for stuff that's over $5 but most of what they sell is $5 or less, at the very least (and as far as I know, nothing they sell is over $25).

Like going to the Five Beyond section on the website and choosing stuff they have for in-store pickup at my local Five Below, there's like...18 things priced higher than $5 at my store and obviously my store has a lot more than 18 things in-stock.

We sure do. An interesting store, though so far they haven't had anything I absolutely needed.

Still, it's a funky place. :cool:

I recently went to a store called Five Below. It’s kinda like Dollar Tree, but better. I wanted to ask and see if anyone has a store like this in their area. Everything in the store is 5 dollars or below, which is awesome and affordable. I can’t wait to make another trip back. I added photos of everything I got at Five Below yesterday.
Aww this stuff is so awesome ^^ Must be a cool American thing, neat! In Australia we have IGA, and there are plenty of low budget shops around that have these sorts of things. There's a really awesome one called Typo, that's a little more expensive, and has lots of random merch and stuff! https://cottonon.com/AU/typo/ I really like your Tom and Jerry socks by the way! All that stuff tells me you have good taste ! :)

Aww this stuff is so awesome ^^ Must be a cool American thing, neat! In Australia we have IGA, and there are plenty of low budget shops around that have these sorts of things. There's a really awesome one called Typo, that's a little more expensive, and has lots of random merch and stuff! https://cottonon.com/AU/typo/ I really like your Tom and Jerry socks by the way! All that stuff tells me you have good taste ! :)
Thanks I really like cute and simple stuff. When I buy stuff like that it feels like I wone a million dollars. It’s strange because little things like that make me happier than buying something expensive. I’ve always been like that.

Thanks I really like cute and simple stuff. When I buy stuff like that it feels like I wone a million dollars. It’s strange because little things like that make me happier than buying something expensive. I’ve always been like that.
Same for me :3 Also, interesting question, Have you ever wanted to make yourself look "conventionally attractive" and dressed up or tried doing things to please others? I'm feeling a bit of too much expectations coming from one person in my life, who wants me to appear better to others even though I often dress like I've just came out of bed.

Same for me :3 Also, interesting question, Have you ever wanted to make yourself look "conventionally attractive" and dressed up or tried doing things to please others? I'm feeling a bit of too much expectations coming from one person in my life, who wants me to appear better to others even though I often dress like I've just came out of bed.
I have not done that. When it comes down to wearing clothes, I want to wear things that I feel comfortable and enjoy wearing. I always say do what you want to do, not what other people want you to do. If you don’t, it’s as if your living their life not your own. Dress how you want to, even if people don’t agree with your decision. Be who you are.

Yes, there is a 5 Below in a neighboring town and I do shop there sometimes.
There are apparently a bunch of them in my state.

The stuff you got is so adorable, Daisy!!

@georgiagalaxy I understand what you’re saying. There is a lot of societal pressure on women to look a certain way.
I used to care about it a lot more than I do now. To the point that I had an eating disorder, and wore certain clothes and makeup because they were fashionable, not because I genuinely liked them.
Now I care a lot less what people think and I’m comfortable in my own skin. I have recovered from anorexia and as a result I have put on a lot of weight, but I’m fine with it now.
Now I wear what I want, eat what I want, do what I want, and I really enjoy my life.
Being comfortable with yourself can be a long, difficult journey but you will be so much happier when you get there.

As for the person in your life who is pressuring you, my advice would be to say to them something like “I will hear your suggestions, and I will take advice if it works for me, but ultimately what I do with my appearance and my life is only up to me. Thanks for understanding.”
Hope this helps!

Yes, we have them in about every town around where I live.
I've just never found what I was looking for either and ours do have things above $5.00.

LOL...I never considered what "Five Below" implied.

But yeah, the one near me was selling things for a broader price range plus and minus.

It's about a 30 minute drive from me, but yes. My favorite thing is that you can find decent ear buds and headphones there. They also have some funny shirts, but they apparently sell fast because they are always out of what I would want.

LOL...I never considered what "Five Below" implied.

But yeah, the one near me was selling things for a broader price range plus and minus.
I got to say, this is a strange title...lol, Never heard of "Five Below. " This is like kinsey question

And not even a week after I said I had never heard of Five Below, I find myself in the Eastern Seaboard and while doing a Friday night Target run (on foot, no less), I spot a Five Below, and though it was late at night and I was tired, I figured that fate was calling me inside, so I decided to head in, check it out, and write a review for this thread.

The location I visited was mostly $5 stuff, with some (mostly food items) under that, with the occasional item priced higher, up to the $20s. Some of the stuff seemed similar to what Dollarama sells in Canada (CAD 1-5) but there was a good selection of pop culture and novelty stuff, whereas with Dollarama you're mostly just getting a bunch of Frozen branded merchandise.

If I were to describe the store in one sentence, I would say "Dollar store meets Hot Topic".

I ended up getting three boxes of candy in novelty containers (Game Boy, Pusheen, and Dundie Award from The Office) for $3 each.

FiveBelow.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom