• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you have a routine? what is your morning and night routine look like?

Jenisautistic

V.I.P Member
Mine varies...

I usually get up eat breakfast take a shower watch videos or listen to music clean up a bit

and get ready for the day

and if I'm going out I usually would go out after

if not I just do what ever needs to be done inside.

at night I get home if I went out and go on YouTube do a relaxing activity take my medicine

take a shower read coler or watch tv for a bit and get ready for bed

what about you?

Morning: when I wake up I check my Facebook, these forums and my favorite celebrity gossip site. Then I get up. Sometimes I shower. Then I do my skincare routine, get dressed, apply makeup if I’m seeing patients that day, then go to work. I usually skip breakfast.
In the evening I like to go to bed with a cup of herbal tea, I put on a show on Netflix and I wait for my cat to curl up on top of me. Then I fall asleep.

Morning:

1. Wake up, sort of. Poke screeching iPad until it shuts up. Get out of bed.
2. Be confused. Run into door frame (optional).
3. Sit down, turn on this blasted machine. Wake up the rest of the way.
4. Eat something while watching who knows what on Youtube.
5. Stupid drudgery. Some of you may call this step "getting ready".

Mid-day: (when in Illinois or Wisconsin)

1. Go to gas station, get caffeine fix- er, I mean, my favorite soda. I can stop anytime I want, really.
2. Stop at store? I'd like to say that stopping at Wal-mart is an optional step but I seem to end up there almost every day.
3. Is the weather nice? Maybe drive around randomly a bit.
4. Is the weather not nice? Shake fist at clouds. Resolve to complain a bunch later.
5. Lunch again in front of PC.
6. Move down to basement. That's my "do stuff" area. The "big" PC is there, as is my VR set and board games. So I do... er... that stuff.
7. Get interrupted by dog at random intervals.
8. Obey dog's every whim.

Mid-day: (When in Florida)

1. CAFFEINE but this time it's in the pantry.
2. Er... I have no car down in Florida, so no store run usually.
3. Lunch in the funky room behind the garage, with laptop.
4. Walk to beach. Or drive (ride) to other, slightly different beaches. Or go melt in the park- I mean, go for a walk in one of the preserves on the island. Tends to get... very hot.
5. Dog probably isnt there, be sad about that. Look repeatedly at photos of dog sent by whoever is caring for him at the time (we only take him down there on very long trips, not for a week-long random one)
6. Gaming in funky room. More beach?

Evening/night:

1. Food in front of computer again. Boy am I glad Youtube is a thing.
2. Do whatever. Probably more Youtube as I'm trying to just sort of wind down at this point.
3. Before-bed shower, because it's relaxing
4. Go to bed, usually about 3 hours after that third meal of the day. Evening is always the shortest part of my day.

I’ve been going to bed at 8p.m. It’s really helping my sleep, among other things. Lunch is usually before noon. Sometimes I don’t eat breakfast, but I have a small cup of coffee when I wake. I like to eat an open face peanut butter sandwich with a cup of milk & a banana every afternoon. Then in the evening, I have a hard-boiled egg, a dill pickle spear, & string cheese. Everything else varies depending on weather & appointments, etc. I eat like a pig the rest of the time to make up for it.

Mine varies...

I usually get up eat breakfast take a shower watch videos or listen to music clean up a bit

at night I get home if I went out and go on YouTube do a relaxing activity take my medicine

what about you?
lie in bed til legs are warm ,look at this forum then facebook or the other way drag myself upright ,sit and feel shattered wobble to the top of the stairs hope to not fall down the stairs go to the door get cat food feed socks check his toilet maybe clean it ,go upstairs feed gizmo ,who screams like hes being murdered !until he gets food when im in the room ,go down the stairs take meds ,drag myself to bed lie shattered then goggle at social media then very cautiously click on email til arms collapse then i stare at screen try !!!!!!to sleep stim sometimes ,take rubbish out and recycling ,add in the hypervigilance where im frozen ,lie down read emails again !!!,look at the internet hopefully sleep wake up check socks feed him ,clean his toilet sometimes ,lie comatose on bed for a short period, repeat everything apart from refuse, recycling ,hopefully pass out at about 1am .

1. Take medication
2. Brush teeth
3. Shower
4. Wash face
5. Make overly complicated breakfast smoothie
6. Take medication and vitamins
6. Go to work

Wake up
Get up
Go to the bathrrom perfoming my "needs"
Turn on the lights & TV
Doing the the online round (incl in here )
Around 12 .00 get cleaned up and get dressed
Spend the day between online and watching tv and as needed other shores
Go to bed

My morning routine depends on a type of day. 2 workout days a week, 3 paddling days a week. No particular order to those because paddling is weather dependent so I have to shift things around accordingly. I'd much rather have a set schedule, but weather doesn't care. Also various one offs like doctor appointments or car in the shop mess things up which I hate.

Workout day
Wake up, coffee, drive kids to school.
Workout, eat, work.
Chase kids off to bed.
Music practice for an hour.
Paddling technique excercises.
Balance training in a swiss ball in front of the tv.
Watch tv for a hour, go to bed.

Paddling Day
Load whichever one of 2 boats I am paddling in that part of a season.
Drive to the lake, paddle for 50 min, re-entry practice (off the boat into the water, climb back. 2 times each side).
Get out, catch a breath, load up, drive home, unload.
Eat, work.
Chase kids off to bed.
Music practice for an hour.
Stretches in front of the tv.
Watch tv for an hour. Go to bed.

Rest day.
The worst day of the week.
Come home. Lay on a couch trying to resolve the uneasy feeling. Work. The uneasy feeling is still there
Chase kids off to bed (at this point the uneasy feeling is gone). Play music for an hour.
Stretches in front of the tv.
Paddling excercises. Balance work on a swiss ball.
Watch tv for an hour, go to bed.

Saturday
Usually less structured. Often work out in the afternoon.
Music, stretches, paddling excercises, balance work yada yada.

Sunday.
Wake up at 6am (an hour earlier than on weekdays). Load up a boat, drive, paddle, etc. Come home, eat. Then either do nothing or take kids somewhere.
Often I do gear maintenance/repair as well.
Music, stretches, yada yada.
Usually pretty happy on weekends.

Dec-March. As water access freezes over or it gets way way too cold I switch to off season. Which means 3-4 work out days as per above. This year however I should instead change the 3 paddling days to 3 cardio days on a paddling machine that I am hoping to put together by the time the deep freeze hits.

Last edited:
Toilet, coffee, watch documentary video while drinking coffee, shower, check email. No breakfast.

The night before:
Set out all my clothes for the next day. Get all my toiletries out and by the sink. Measure out a bowl of oatmeal with water, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Put my daily pills by it, with a glass of water, spoon, and chicken fajita seasoning. Make sure there is at least one boiled egg in the fridge, peeled and ready to eat.

Morning:
Get up, go downstairs and microwave the oatmeal. Take my pills and put the egg, spoon, cup, and fajita seasoning on the table. When the oatmeal is done, add a bit of milk to keep it from congealing, and put it on the table. Go back upstairs and shower, shave, and get dressed while the oatmeal cools. Check on my two teenagers and make sure they're awake. Go downstairs and eat the oatmeal. Eat the boiled egg seasoned with the chicken fajita seasoning. While I'm eating, read two comics online: Pickles and Phoebe and Her Unicorn.

Then the teenagers go to early morning seminary classes (a thing our church does). One week, I drive and another week our neighbor drives. If I drive, I stay there and find a quiet room and either nap, read, or do some programming for personal projects. Then drive the kids to school and go to work.

At work:
Immediately pour a large diet Pepsi into some ice. Get that caffeine flowing as fast as possible.
Do the daily Jumble word puzzle, 7LittleWords puzzle, USA Today's Quick Cross, Up Down Words, and Word Roundup. How quickly I get them done is a measure of how functional I will be that day. Also check Google news first thing in the morning and at lunch time.

Last edited:
Mine varies...

what about you?

Morning:

(1) Get up between 5/5:30 AM, stop at bathroom, weigh myself, and retrieve medication and supplements.
(2) Turn on morning news.
(3) Make breakfast consisting of one breakfast burrito, two sausage patties, peach yogurt, and one coffee.
(4) Eat, take meds and supplements, drink coffee, and watch news until 6:15 AM.
(5) Prepare lunch and supplements that I take with lunch, consisting of one banana, one orange, one avocado, ham, and two pods of coffee.
(6) Lay out clothes, work badge, keys at 6:30 AM
(7) Shave, brush teeth, and shower.
(8) Dress, comb hair, prepare 2nd cup of coffee to take with me to work.
9. At 7:15 AM Drive to work.

At Work:

(1) At 9 AM get a cup of coffee.
(2) At 11:30 take more supplements, and have lunch with coffee.
(3) At 3:30 PM take a 15 minute break. Then continue working until 4:30 PM, when I drive home.

Evening:

(1) Get mail, change clothes, turn on television, make dinner (similar to breakdast)
(2) At 9:00 PM take more supplements.
(3) At 10:30 go to bed.

Does not vary much from one day to the next. In reading comments, I have a better understanding of the diagnostic trait of routine. I even prioritize my food before consuming, saving the best for last. And, I never really thought about it.

Last edited:
Wake up.
Eat breakfast.
Go on internet.
Eat lunch.
Go on internet.
Go for a walk.
Eat dinner.
Go on internet.
Go back to bed.

Wake up and let the dogs out, then to the bathroom myself.
Come back around, stick my every day breakfast in the toaster oven and turn it on.
Smoke a cigarette (that times when my breakfast is done), take my meds.
Get my breakfast, let the dogs in and give them part of my breakfast.
Get on the computer - check facebook, then here, then email and entertain myself watching cute videos others have posted.
Time varies. but this is when I will go out if need to. Start on project. basically start whatever I'm doing that day.
3ish, turn tv on (watch either Frasier or King of Queens.) while I'm up and down doing stuff.
6ish turn it to either Last Man Standing, Everyone loves Raymond, or Reba while I work Jigsaw puzzles on the computer.

Get up, deny morning! Explain morning defintion to me again. Think about it some more. Coax myself to look at morning sky. Explain again that morning exists to feed corporate america slaves that pour out of suburba to contribute to corprate military america's bottom line in the hopes that somebody dies rich but it won't be me. Go out in search of carb which translates to donut America, home of the free. Shove various unhappy married away from me because l AM NOT YOUR DONUT, and sadly l have been criticized by admin l can't even use the word shiitake anymore.

Nite routine is very easy. l just contemplate how bad my morning routine was. And if l should live another day to do morning routine again in *this lifetime!*

Last edited:
Get up, deny morning! Explain morning defintion to me again. Think about it some more. Coax myself to look at morning sky. Explain again that morning exists to feed corporate america slaves that pour out of suburba to contribute to corprate military america's bottom line in the hopes that somebody dies rich but it won't be me. Go out in search of carb which translates to donut America, home of the free. Shove various unhappy married away from me because l AM NOT YOUR DONUT, and sadly l have been criticized by admin l can't even use the word shiitake anymore.

Interesting routine!

Interesting routine!

Some of us are nite- time people , which explains my horrible nite jobs but entertainment always pays in theatre.

There is some comedian take here. Because l am 100% comedian and lover at all times.

It would be much more noble to be up and out the door for the perfect ramen bowl of soba noodles but currently l don't reside in Japan or Singapore, otherwise l would be doing that and maybe finding the perfect Japanese/Korean rice donut which is rolled in sesame seeds pretty ridiculously great also.

Thanks to Jenisautistic for starting this thread!!

Last edited:
Get up around 10:30 am
Make toilet stop.
Have breakfast. Take meds.
Brush teeth, shower and depending on what I do for the day, get dressed or not.
If staying home, start small housework chores and take care of my worm farm.
Go back to bed for afternoon nap and meditation.

Do the bulk of the day between 3 pm and 6 pm.
Watch certain weird shows I've recorded 6-7 pm
Eat dinner or go out to eat.
Do my nightly routine, brush teeth, wash face, etc.
Feed the frogs.
Watch TV until midnight. Have midnight snack. Coffee and cookie.
Go to PC from 1 am until I want to go to bed. Sometimes late as 5 am.

Start it all over again at 10:30 am.
Routine, yep.

New Threads

Top Bottom