• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you guys know what this means?

Kian

last monday I was staring into space & i was staring at the trash can & i see the girl i liked looking at me while she was walking over to throw something in the trash can. Then later I was staring at the wall & when i look over she was Leaning her Head Against her Hand While looking at me & smiling. Then on Wednesday i heard her saying ” i don’t know why he looks at me.

She knows damn well why. If you caught her looking at you and smiling, it means she probably likes you too. No NT would do that with some ulterior motive. If she didn't like you she would be making it a point not to look at you, with "oh my God please don't talk to me" in mind. I'm sure enough of myself to say that, with the information provided, you'd probably be safe making the first move; it's the next step after shooting each other friendly glances.

She knows damn well why. If you caught her looking at you and smiling, it means she probably likes you too. No NT would do that with some ulterior motive. If she didn't like you she would be making it a point not to look at you, with "oh my God please don't talk to me" in mind. I'm sure enough of myself to say that, with the information provided, you'd probably be safe making the first move; it's the next step after shooting each other friendly glances.

Yeah but then the next day in class I heard her saying "i don't know why he looks at me" so I don't know?

I wouldn't read too much into it. When I make eye contact with people I always smile too, even if it is accidental.

If she said "I don't know why he looks at me" loudly enough for it to be obvious that she knows that you heard it maybe she wants you to answer the question for her. Maybe she's offering you the opportunity to tell her that you like her without feeling so awkward, you can phrase it as a response to her question rather than just saying it out of the blue. It could be that she knows perfectly well why you look at her, but she wants you to tell her.

Then again, I don't know for sure. It seems odd that a neurotypical person would join a site full of autistic people and ask questions on this topic. Social and non-verbal cues are generally not our strong points. As an older person talking to a younger person I'd say go for it regardless of what she might have meant. Any embarrassment you may feel as a result of talking to her will seem trivial later on, however you may really regret not talking to her about this. If you're worried about her reaction maybe try to talk when it's just the two of you... but don't make her feel cornered.

Some people just enjoy the attention mate... Keep smiling at her though.. Or if you can strike up a conversation. . ask her how she is.... Tell her how well she looks.. Talk about the weather.. Anything to get the conversation started.. Being freindly and polites no crime bruvver.

Today in class i was doing my work & when I looked up I saw the girl i liked looking at me & smiling then she looked down at my collor bone while still smiling at me. then she looked up at my face while still smiling so I just looked away..then when I was talking to one of my friend I couldn't really hear him cause I had my headphones on & he said justin did you hear what I said & i said no. Then I heard her telling her friends that I crack her up and said that I was quiet but funny. Then later I heard her talking to the kid i was talking too and said that I'm quiet but funny.

If she's leaning her head on her hand and staring at you and smiling, she probably likes you. I know because I behave the same way around the guy I like.

Ha you could try saying what my husband said to me when we met:

"What do you think about autistic dudes?".

Then he offered for me to take a walk with him. He told me honestly what he thought of me or other things...was also quiet a lot...and at some point held my hand

Her saying that you're funny is like one of the most positive signs you could possibly get, the path to a girl's heart is through her funny bone. I'm telling you dude, she likes you. Just keep being yourself and if she's what you really want you might want to warm up to the idea of making the first move. It's usually the expectation for the guy to say something first.

If she said "I don't know why he looks at me" loudly enough for it to be obvious that she knows that you heard it maybe she wants you to answer the question for her. Maybe she's offering you the opportunity to tell her that you like her without feeling so awkward, you can phrase it as a response to her question rather than just saying it out of the blue. It could be that she knows perfectly well why you look at her, but she wants you to tell her.

Then again, I don't know for sure. It seems odd that a neurotypical person would join a site full of autistic people and ask questions on this topic. Social and non-verbal cues are generally not our strong points. As an older person talking to a younger person I'd say go for it regardless of what she might have meant. Any embarrassment you may feel as a result of talking to her will seem trivial later on, however you may really regret not talking to her about this. If you're worried about her reaction maybe try to talk when it's just the two of you... but don't make her feel cornered.

yeah but today when i was hanging out with my friends at the mall i guess she was there with her boyfriend and i guess she saw and she might said something and maybe thats why he was looking at me. because when i turn around i saw a guy looking at me. but the thing is i didnt see her so idk if he was hiding from me or something?

So there's this girl who sometimes goes to the place I work at to buy food & she always goes to the drive through & I heard her calling me baby. Then when she was leaving she said love you. Then last week when it was my day off from work a coworker told me that she was asking about me. And then awhile back she asked me to hang out.

So there's this girl who sometimes goes to the place I work at to buy food & she always goes to the drive through & I heard her calling me baby. Then when she was leaving she said love you. Then last week when it was my day off from work a coworker told me that she was asking about me. And then awhile back she asked me to hang out.

It means she likes you and and wants you to hang out with her.

yeah but today when i was hanging out with my friends at the mall i guess she was there with her boyfriend and i guess she saw and she might said something and maybe thats why he was looking at me. because when i turn around i saw a guy looking at me. but the thing is i didnt see her so idk if he was hiding from me or something?

Maybe she is just trying to tell her boyfriend that guy keeps staring me, to egg on her boyfriend that she has swag. Like she doesn't like you, but used you by acting like she liked you. Because she didn't talk to you, so that's a bad sign.

This probably doesn't mean anything
So I was at work on my break and I was sitting at the table by myself and there was a chair next to me and I guess she saw that there was chair there so she went over to get the chair while I was on my phone but she stand there for a few minutes but then she got the chair and went back to her friends

New Threads

Top Bottom