• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you ever find yourself not liking your friend’s friends?

SimplyWandering

Do you ever find your friend’s friends ( I mean fiends >_<) or your significant other’s friends annoying ,rude, etc. ?

How do you deal with those situations when you want to leave or not be around them and how do you communicate your feelings (or better yet, do you?) ?

Well of course. You didn't pick them after all. But just as often I like them. In fact I have to admit sometimes I liked them so much I stole them. By which I mean they became better friends with me then the original friend. But that can lead to losing the original friend. So you can't make the theft too obvious and try and make it seem more like the friend's friends's fault.

I've always liked my friend's friends, and my significant other's friends were always nicer than my significant other! :eek::eek::eek:

Do you ever find your friend’s friends ( I mean fiends >_<) or your significant other’s friends annoying ,rude, etc. ?

How do you deal with those situations when you want to leave or not be around them and how do you communicate your feelings (or better yet, do you?) ?
"Friend's friends" implies "friend." Since I have no friends, the issue is irrelevant. I suspect that applies to quite a few of us.

I don't have many friends of my own, but my partner does. I haven't had any bad reaction to his friends, but have reacted badly to friends' family, or my partner's family. You can choose your friends, but not your family.

I like them more often than I dislike them, but yeah some of my friends have friends who I find very annoying. I "deal with it" by being civil when I meet them but not really interacting with them beyond that.

I don’t deal with my friend’s friends often, but I definitely don’t like all of them. I just ignore them as much as possible while remaining polite.
I don’t like a few of my boyfriend’s friends, so boyfriend and I have come to an understanding that he doesn’t invite those friends over to our place when I’m around.

One of my friends has friends that I don't really like or want to spend time with. Sometimes I just put up with it, other times I choose not to hang out with my friend when she is with the other friends.

New Threads

Top Bottom