• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

do you believe in magick?

I was taught that Magick is very similar to the Tao, the only differences is that we can influence the ebb and flow of energy around us through our intentions, thoughts, and presence of mind.

Yes. It has a lot to do with why I moved to Salem, of all places. I have learned the hard way about using magick irresponsibly, and I have reaped the rewards when I learned from my mistakes.

My ex is wiccan,so I do understand it.I think that most anyone in tune with their world is very similar in belief.

Societies before ours that lived within the world observed and understood their environment somewhat differently to how we, who just live on the surface of it, do now.
It's not unreasonable to think that they may have known things we currently don't.. we assume everything we know is new, but we don't actually know.

I occasionally use a spell I was taught to slow time when I'm running late - does it work.. or am I consciously altering my perception of time, meditating and calming myself effectively and would have gotten to my destination at the same time regardless?
.. But, if I think latterly, then I limit my worldview to the current rational perspective and exclude so-called paranormal explanations as non-rational.

I believe there is more to Heaven and Earth than we know, so I allow for Magic, however one might spell it.
I have a place inside me that always looks for the magick in the World.

Are we talking like "Expelliarmus" and Hogwarts type magic ?

No, we're talking about 'actual' magick (if you believe in it). Here's the definition:

Not to be confused with stage "magic" (such as pulling a rabbit out of a hat, sawing a woman in half, card tricks, etc.), Magick is the art of utilizing natural forces around us to bring about change.
Magick is neutral, neither good, nor evil. The practitioner decides how they would like to focus this natural energy.

Magick is a powerful tool that you can use to bring about positive changes in your life.

Yes. It has a lot to do with why I moved to Salem, of all places. I have learned the hard way about using magick irresponsibly, and I have reaped the rewards when I learned from my mistakes.

If you don't mind me asking, can you give details on what happened when you did use it irresponsibly?

No, I don nott believe in Magick or any other paranormal belief system. I am, however, willing to admit that there are many things in this universe that I do not understand. If somebody were able to provide evidence for the efficacy of Magick then I would have to admit that there is something to it.

A simmilar case would be that of accupuncture. Though it is based on an archaic belief system evidence seems to support that it is an effective system of treatment. The traditional theory of underlying accupuncture is that we have maridians of energy which can be manipulated to achieve balance between yein and yang. This model seems to work for the desired application. Modern scientific understanding is that accupuncture stimulates the nerve system in a manner that effects the nervous and endochrine system. Likewise; if magic is effective it may be possible that the underlying machanics can be explained via an other means.

If you don't mind me asking, can you give details on what happened when you did use it irresponsibly?

So, in high school I went through what I call a "Wiccan Phase". I say it's a phase, because like any loner kid with an over active imagination, I spent my baby-sitting money on "spell books". Or more accurately, I specifically bought books with a spells section.

Being the creative sort, I was particularly drawn to a passage out of Silver Ravenwolf's Teen Witch that said something to the effect of, "The best spells are the ones you write yourself." Strangely enough, I missed the other passage about what you send out coming back at you triple fold.

One particular magickal working that I had done was to rid myself of a certain student who was bullying me constantly. I took his name on a piece of paper, placed it in a bag full of ice, and placed that in the freezer. The intent of the spell was to bind him in his negativity.

Well, I didn't get rid of him. Quite the opposite, that student was in every one of my classes for the following three semesters. In other words, I had gotten exactly what I wanted by binding him to me, as I was the focus of his negativity. I finally got wise and took the bag of ice out of the freezer and requested that the spell be broken.

I made another big mistake that I won't go into here. But suffice it to say, I now have a lot of respect for the Rule of Three, which I'll share here.

Ever mind the rule of three,
What you send out comes back at thee

No, I don nott believe in Magick or any other paranormal belief system. I am, however, willing to admit that there are many things in this universe that I do not understand.

Hey Datura, I see magick as an earlier form of science, no less effective considering what we valued a thousand years ago - health and happiness - than the current belief/rational system.. we just think it's tied up with technology right now.. what will we shape our values around next century?

New Threads

Top Bottom