• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Do you actively try to prevent yourself from getting angry at the slightest thing?

BlueSky Aozora

Do you feel angry at the 'slightest' thing? Sometimes (or many times?) the anger is irrational. Do you actively try to overcome it, to prevent your anger? Like going to anger management class or something. Do you make it your ultimate goal to overcome it?

I think this is important because it's detrimental to the partner who got to bear the explosion of the anger.

You're right. Does my ex think it had no effect on me when he'd get mad at his laptop and throw it across the room? I've never understood why someone would destroy something they're going to have to replace. Like throwing the tv when your team loses.
I like the way my mom did it. She'd be furious enough to want to knock everything off the shelf or whatever, but she didn't want to break anything so she'd set it on the floor gently. LOL

I’m not easily angered. I do get annoyed often. Outside I maintain a facade of friendliness and professionalism, but at home I allow myself to take off the mask and complain to my boyfriend about the annoyances of my day.

You're right. Does my ex think it had no effect on me when he'd get mad at his laptop and throw it across the room? I've never understood why someone would destroy something they're going to have to replace. Like throwing the tv when your team loses.
I like the way my mom did it. She'd be furious enough to want to knock everything off the shelf or whatever, but she didn't want to break anything so she'd set it on the floor gently. LOL

My wife and I always watch all of the Boise State football games on TV. She gets upset at the referees when they make calls that she doesn't like. We have a bunch of small, foam BSU footballs that she throws at the TV. They are very small and very soft, so they do not hurt anything and they make her feel better.

Yes, definately. Habitually projecting negativity makes for an unpleasant atmosphere and I think is mentally unhealthy for themselves and those around them. My mood seems to naturally drift and I find at times I can get annoyed easily (over little things) and since realizing it have combated and suppressed it in daily life as much as possible with very positive results. I have regressions sometimes, but always try to get myself back on the horse, not so much for my sake as those around me.

I used to get angry really easily but I don't as much now since I'm living in an environment where there aren't people and things making me angry every single day.

I lose it pretty easily. Usually at machines that have Windows on them- er, I mean, that arent working right. Well, same thing.

That, and micro-USB cables, which I'm pretty sure were created when Satan fished them out of his toilet.

I keep a pair of scissors downstairs by the computer. Why? To chop those cables up into a million pieces when they fail. No, that's not a joke, I actually do that.

The scissors get frequent use.

As for dealing with those around me, well.... eh, they can tell when I'm feeling moody and will usually just keep away.

My wife and I always watch all of the Boise State football games on TV. She gets upset at the referees when they make calls that she doesn't like. We have a bunch of small, foam BSU footballs that she throws at the TV. They are very small and very soft, so they do not hurt anything and they make her feel better.

Nerf ball anger management, good technique..

I am being mindful of sudden explosions of emotional feelings, which is helping regulate everything...

I always say, it's not worth getting angry over ... or, when you allow that much anger, it punishes yourself and those around you. I do often say these things to loved ones who need a bit of calming down.

We have a bunch of small, foam BSU footballs that she throws at the TV. They are very small and very soft, so they do not hurt anything and they make her feel better.
Kinda like how I throw a balled up sock at my cat when he’s being a jerk. It doesn’t hurt him and due to being startled he generally forgets what he was doing, or he attacks the sock. Win-win situation.

Yes, definately. Habitually projecting negativity makes for an unpleasant atmosphere and I think is mentally unhealthy for themselves and those around them. My mood seems to naturally drift and I find at times I can get annoyed easily (over little things) and since realizing it have combated and suppressed it in daily life as much as possible with very positive results. I have regressions sometimes, but always try to get myself back on the horse, not so much for my sake as those around me.

That horse sounds tastey. May i nibble?

Kinda like how I throw a balled up sock at my cat when he’s being a jerk. It doesn’t hurt him and due to being startled he generally forgets what he was doing, or he attacks the sock. Win-win situation.

Too bad we can't walk around with rolled up balls of socks in life, there would be way less stressed out people. Lol Just clean socks only!! I think l am learning to dial down all my emotions

Last edited:
Cats prefer smelly socks. And no heavyweight socks thanks our craniums are delicate. Also, karma says that you'll be GETTING THE SMELLY SOCKS BACK THREEFOLD.
Aw, did I catterwaul that too loud? Like I care...

Cats prefer smelly socks. And no heavyweight socks thanks our craniums are delicate. Also, karma says that you'll be GETTING THE SMELLY SOCKS BACK THREEFOLD.
Aw, did I catterwaul that too loud? Like I care...

SMELLY SOCK AREA Enter at your own risk.

Go BANANAS

Acronym
Breathe a new attitude, nice and slow.

This actually works :)

I often Go Bananas.

Altogether a much kinder, more humorous way to deal with those smouldering embers of frustration.

Quite difficult to get frustrated at the same time as being amused.
Allows a pause to breathe and think.
-rather than react.

Good stuff :)

I had irrationally angry parental units so I know the bad effect it has on people around them, more like abuse. So I try to hold it together even when I'm annoyed, and just scream in my car, take a nap at home, or have a few drinks. Works most of the time.

New Threads

Top Bottom