• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

do people with asperger syndrome see things more realistically ?

empleat

Hello,
i can't post to general so i ask here.

I know ppl with asperger syndrome takes things literally.
Some savant with autism, flies one time above city and paints it literally how he saw it and profesional artists said, that it was photo and not painted.

I have asperger syndrome and i suffer from depression.
I think, because i see world more closely to how it actually is and i belive it's depressive realism.

Can you link me some scientific research about asperger syndrome and how people see world more realistically, i coudn't find one suprisingly.

Similar thing i read on ncbi tho, that people with as can listen repeatedly to same song, because their perception remained unchanged(they perceive always how it is), from previous experience, i don't remember how it exactly was and i can't find that article anymore.

Thanks.

From the first link you posted :
"therapy seems like brainwashing, antidepressants look like numbing agents, and psychiatrists look like liars."

Man this is exactly what I had to face when I tried to contact a therapist. And this was hard, it is still hard.

Last edited:
I recognize the words as being from the material I linked.

But when I click the word "therapy" in your post it takes me
to a different article from the one I posted.

I recognize the words as being from the material I linked.

But when I click the word "therapy" in your post it takes me
to a different article from the one I posted.

I never had the intention to put any link in the post xD
I edited the link out.

I thought I'd always need some kind of assistance with getting jobs, but turns out I didn't. So I don't always see things realistically. :p

Many of us are better able to judge things using logical criteria as opposed to emotional criteria, and a less emotional treatment of the facts is often beneficial when not dealing with social situations.

There is a connection between intelligence and depression, if you don't feel empowered to change the world it's depressing to recognize how much you were lied to in school. Smart people can think of other things, but they're better equipped to see the depressing side of how the world works clearly.

I would think if you see things more clearly you will be more depressed.
There is a connection between intelligence and depression, if you don't feel empowered to change the world it's depressing to recognize how much you were lied to in school.
I don't fully understand this statement, Mr. Spock. Not feeling empowered to change the world
shows you were lied to in school?
Needs further clarification for me. lol
I agree using logical criteria to emotional is beneficial.
Interesting post.

Two examples come to mind that I have been told concerning my realism creating a depressive way of
seeing things.
One was from a psychiatrist giving tests in psychology for nurses training:
He said I break things down in such a questioning matter that I couldn't just look at a beautiful sunset
without thinking why is it red there and yellow here and how it appears with mixed colour themes, etc.
So I might miss the emotions of just seeing the beauty. Overthinking.

Second was recently from my therapist regarding grief over loss of my mother.
I was complaining she always appears in my dreams at night. And I know that isn't right.
I see it as a sign my mind is not letting go and finding some peace or closure.

She said most people would see it as good and feel as if they were being visited by the deceased
in dreams.
I answered I can't think that way as it isn't logical.
I know it is my subcounsious coming out in the dreams. Not a visitation.

I can see how being too logical and realistic can block what those who don't overthink might experience.

I am often told that I'm too pessimistic or cynical, when from my perpective I'm just being realistic.

This article got my attention.
From research results, that depressed people have not taking into their judgement context.
I stil don't understand, how works that light bulb experiment, when participants are asked to press the button and than judge, if they had any control on the outcome whatsoever, how they count time, beetwen light bulbs flash.
Even there was counter how many seconds to next light bulb flashes, but i suppose, there is not, because they tested context, so they don't want show off, that there are 2 fixed intervals, so what, if you press key 0.3 sec later and see you didn't make light bulb flash, so you already know you haven't any control. And you don't have even guess.
Which would influence results.

Another theory: if there was time counter and it would say press the button and in cases when you press button, light bulb, would apper at the same time, it would be probably, because you have no control, which would concluded depressed people, because they have more accurate perception of time.
Once again i don't really know how that light build experiment exacatly works.

And yet for inductive and abductive thinking, this might be the case, maybe depresed don't judge context of time.
But what about other contexts, real life in much more complicated.
This is to oversimplified.
I can't wait for quantum computers, advancement will skyrocket and we will know about brain more than ever and about everythink, so exciting.

Last edited:
There are objective factors that contribute to our situation/condition. Whether we are positive/happy or negative/unhappy is ultimately our choice however. Neither is more 'realistic'. But I do believe a positive attitude will get you farther in life. Positive looks forward, negative comes up with reasons not to.

Well i read more than 500k articles and i thought people with asperger syndrome see world more realistically.
They takes things literally, not necesarilly more realistically and have unusual ways of thinking, which promotes creativity.
I have like 1 milion reasons and if i could spend my whole life reading i would come to another 25 to 35 milion reasons.
For example, it is fact life is not fair, some people are just borned superior and some inferior, woman loves man mainly because status and money, i read psychology today, i read everything about emotions attaction and love, i see everything from every angle, i have adhd.
On macroscopis level everything is binary and determined a lot, but on quantum it is random, which was proven affect our behaviour to some extent.
My destiny is random, i can die in fire, or painfully, so fun random coinflipp.
No one did anything, just better luck, scientist get novel prizel, they just borned from superior ancestors.
I have like reasons proof like facts, i don't know how i am gonna die some day, it is just fact 100% true, given what i can know, since i cannot observe every single event in universe, maybe black hole erase our past and change our identity.
But it is exteme case, consider every scientific fact, or empirically verified theories, would be just illusion.
It is very likely, that we are in computer simulation, elon musk said it is bilion to one for fact we are and other scientist have same opinion, but don't necessarily say it is true.
So if we are in computre program, our creators can torture us forver, or if time is flat, we experice everything over and over, for someone who was captured and tortured 15 years.
Inteligent people are just more anxious and opposite criminals are temperament and take risk and represnt behaviour found in wild animals, like defending territory LOL.
It is just dumb, so stupid...

Last edited:
Well i read more than 500k articles and i thought people with asperger syndrome see world more realistically.
They takes things literally, not necesarilly more realistically and have unusual ways of thinking, which promotes creativity.
I have like 1 milion reasons and if i could spend my whole life reading i would come to another 25 to 35 milion reasons.
This is called confirmation bias, one of the ways in which aspies are just as likely to see things non realistically as NTs. In fact my anecdotal experience suggests that aspies are more likely to experience various types of bias, but that probably just because most of the NTs I spend time with are academics.

For example, it is fact life is not fair, some people are just borned superior and some inferior, woman loves man mainly because status and money, i read psychology today, i read everything about emotions attaction and love, i see everything from every angle, i have adhd.
On macroscopis level everything is binary and determined a lot, but on quantum it is random, which was proven affect our behaviour to some extent.
My destiny is random, i can die in fire, or painfully, so fun random coinflipp.
No one did anything, just better luck, scientist get novel prizel, they just borned from superior ancestors.
Everyone knows that life is not fair and people are born different, but women are not mainly attracted to status and money, and the idea that people only achieve things because they have 'better ancestors' is a complete load of baloney. Free will may be a debatable subject, but there's still a hell of a lot more going on there.

Yes. I have aspergers and see the world for what it is.

When bosses make rubbish speeches, I know what they really mean. When people are deluding themselves I can see it. When I watch adverts, politicians or the news all I see is brain washing.

However, that's not always a good thing, hence the depression.

However, just because we see facts, doesn't make them right.

For example, the global economy is in the toilet right now, but if everyone believed that it was all sunshine and roses, then this would effect the economy and it would pick up.

So sometimes, "buying in to the lie" can be a good thing. Being brainwashed can be a happy place. So I would recommend to any aspie to occasionally turn a blind eye and pretending to be as susceptible as everyone else. There's a little happiness to be found in it.

Everyone knows that life is not fair and people are born different, but women are not mainly attracted to status and money, and the idea that people only achieve things because they have 'better ancestors' is a complete load of baloney. Free will may be a debatable subject, but there's still a hell of a lot more going on there.

I don't have a photographic memory and everything, that i know it would be like say every word in english from a to z.
I don't talk anywhere so my verbal skills are very poor.

To what you said that:"but women are not mainly attracted to status and money"
I would disagree, there is tonne of proof, that woman cares mainly about status and money.
I can say from real life experience and from theory and scientific studies.

Everyone wants most for themselves, because we evoled to the point we aware of self and we can rewrite our instincts.
We know that we will die some day and that life is not fair, someone just got bad dice roll and borned in africa, or died to an accident, that's just hard truth, it is not your mistake, you don't own anything to anyone and life is already tough, so why would you damage yourself, by helping others.
Even altruism is still selffish, most people are still religious, because, thay can't bear thought, that life is pointless and their acts are affected by it, they belive, that would go to hell, if they didn't help others.
And non religious people, which don't belive in god, have still moral principles, so they may help to someone, because they think it is right think to do.
Which are only construction, rised from emotions, to sustain civilization.
Altruism is programmed to us, because in evolution, cooperation beats selfishness.
And people have to cooperate to some extent to survive, in some case coop is best option for both sides, they describe it, helping other feels good literaly and it is energizing.
And human behaviour is motived only by pain, or pleasure.
What is good for our survival feels god and pain is what we should exclude from our life.
There is no ultimate, moral standards, everything is neutral.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stag_hunt
But after quota is met for survival, why would they harm themselves, by helping others, when facts is you can die tommorow and it is random you can't prepare for everything and life is not fair, it is how it is.

From evolutionary view, woman are more feminine and weak than man.
Woman takes care about kids and man is providing for her, so how could women be better than man in work for example, if they have to care about kids and spend more time at home.
Most scientist which won nobel prizes are man and iq 150 < is recorded 5 times more in man.
Because woman has innate value, while man does not, man has to have get his value, by money and status.
99% death in work is man and wars are fought by men.
When there is someone attacking woman, everyone going to help her.
There was time when woman even lead in domestic violence and men have no shleters and because of stigma it is harder to ask for help, because man are deemed, as strong and can't cry etc. instead of being human beings.
We are living in gynocentric socienty, man is expected to pay for date, or if invites woman for a glass.
Ofc woman doesn't care about man only because status and money, but it is has huge impact and i would say mainly.

This is why tesla is so popular on redpill, which is not all good, or bad, not all people there are racists, or sexists etc.
And there are interesting facts.

http://anengineersaspect.blogspot.com/2011/07/nikola-tesla-mr-tesla-explains-why-he.html?m=1

To on life isn't fair:
Some philanthropist, was in paris on 1 year anniversary with his wife and he got killed by a terrorist.
Alan turing saved 13 milion people and than killed himself, because they sentenced him to chemical castration, because he was gay, even after what he did.

So why you would help people in africa for example and waste your time on other people and want anything else than maximum for yourself, because it is just dice roll, you could be born there and that would just happen, or you could die tommorow and it would just happen, random coinflipp.
Even if you survived to year 2045 when 2045 initiative will transfer human mind to the computer, you would still die some day to accident, or someone would kill you.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...e/201801/why-smarter-men-make-better-partners

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/head-games/201308/what-women-want-in-men

Saying woman psychologist:"Generally speaking, men place more importance on beauty, while women value social status and access to financial resources."

Even taller man have higher success of geting woman, because woman see them as more masculine.

Another thing:
Because feminism in mainstream media, young man are being called toxic, because of toxic masculinity myth and dropping out of college of speed of light and have much more suicide rates.
Woman had terrible conditions in past, feminish isn't all bad, or good, but there are some major flaws, which damages both genders.
And gender wars...

By dna is determined a lot, natural selection is still occuring even in 21 century and people are still evolving and you didn't choosen you enviroment either.
But you destiny is random so you have 0% control, free will is illusion.
On macrosopic level, things are determined a lot, like your dna and where you born.
And at qunatum level random, which affects human brain and other particles in universe, so you can die to random event, which is just random coinflipp, so stupid.

More studies:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/in-practice/201304/the-science-intimate-relationships
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8046577?dopt=Abstract
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40806-016-0048-6#CR27
Woman care more about status and money and man more about appearance.

Dude tell me it is not about genes, whereas you can find literally tonns of proof, that genes influence billion stuff:
https://curiosity.com/topics/youre-more-attracted-to-people-with-different-immunity-genes-curiosity/
It is just environment and genes and rest is quantum mechanics coinflipp...

I have adhd, people with adhd have 50% more divorce rates and death rates at preschool age and other childres dislike them, because of their impulsivity and ager control, for example they blow of candle on other childerns party, because it is to tempting, because of dopamine boost, when they did it last time.
Adhd for example determines a person's life quite a lot as you can see, you have no idea, this is one on trilion things, people with as see world just more realistically.
Attention is determined by genes from 80%, from twin studies...

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom