• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Disposable wooden utensils

disconnected

V.I.P Member
57587829-88FA-4D5B-BB34-BEE7E6B31053.jpeg
I was working in a new office space today and I saw in the break room they offered wooden utensils. I thought it was cool enough to share!

They are a great idea, they won't make that horrible scraping noise on the plates that metal ones make.

Disposable things made of biodegradable and renewable resources are the best, if you're going to use disposable things.

Those disposable wooden utensils look like they would be really nice to chew on.

Disposable things made of biodegradable and renewable resources are the best, if you're going to use disposable things.

Those disposable wooden utensils look like they would be really nice to chew on.

It’s the first time I’ve ever seen anything like it, except chopsticks of course. :)

Yes they do look happily chewable.

And a wonderful idea too!

False teeth used to be made out of wood. My grandpa had a set of them.

When i saw your title i thought of chop sticks
You could probably wash those a few times before they have to be disposed of

I would use them for something dry, like spooning sugar, so it could be used many times. Once they get wet, it could grow bacteria.
I wouldn’t trust eating off of a porous surface.

I use wooden spoons for cooking. I hand wash them and air dry them in the dish drainer. Have never worried about bacteria or germs on them.

People often use wooden chopping blocks to chop things, including the butcher's shop. I dread to think about all the bacteria on those.

People often use wooden chopping blocks to chop things, including the butcher's shop. I dread to think about all the bacteria on those.

Wooden utensils and chopping blocks can be sanitized using a dilution of chlorine bleach or by using hydrogen peroxide followed by vinegar after a regular washing and drying with mild soap and water.

I imagine there are also commercial disinfectants.

You could also put them through a dishwasher with a sanitizing cycle, but that would likely wreck them (especially in the case of chopping blocks).

New Threads

Top Bottom