• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Disney to Revive Lucasfilm Games...

AGXStarseed

(Not written by me)

New job listings at Disney have revealed the company is searching for, among other things, a producer, brand art coordinator and brand marketing coordinator for Lucasfilm Games.

George Lucas founded Lucasfilm Games in 1982 as a subdivision of Lucasfilm, and with it, produced video games such as Labyrinth: The Computer Game and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Action Game until 1990, when the company was renamed LucasArts and regained the development license for Star Wars.

After The Walt Disney Company acquired Lucasfilm, the video game subdivision was downsized to function solely as a licensor, while the exclusive Star Wars development license was given to Electronic Arts, also known as EA. Since then, just two video games have been released: Star Wars: Battlefront and its sequel.

Since no official announcement has been made, it is difficult to determine what Disney has planned for Lucasfilm Games, or whether Disney intends to revoke EA's development license.

There have been a few video game cancelations in recent years, but at least one more Star Wars game is currently being developed by Respawn Entertainment, a subsidiary of EA. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is a single-player action game that revolves around a young Jedi Padawan who survived Senator Palpatine's Order 66 in Revenge of the Sith.

Source: REPORT: Disney to Revive Lucasfilm Games

I wouldnt get too excited yet.

As alot of "beloved" companies have proven, simply because something was great before, doesnt mean they wont be corrupted at this point (or incompetent, in some cases).

Chances are, the old development team for this group is long gone. Pretty much guaranteed, actually. Expect something *completely* different from a new group.

Not that I personally have an interest in them myself. But yeah, that's how it often is these days. Maybe they'll not suck, but... dont get your hopes up TOO much. Nostalgia is fine and all but it's incredibly unwise to let it cloud your perception (which, sadly, is exactly what most people will do with things like this).

As for the Star Wars license... the fact that EA got it in the first place says that Disney either knows absolutely nothing about the industry... or they simply dont give a crap, neither of which is a good sign of things to come. I mean, it's obvious to everyone else that EA can only make it bad, whatever "it" happens to be, yet it happened anyway and Disney had zero reaction when the horribly monetized disasters that were the Battlefront games were released.

Even though I have no intention whatsoever of touching whatever this new developer makes, I will still be interested to see whatever situation does end up developing with them. Sometimes these stories and their results can be fascinating.

There now, I've performed my negative role as per protocol. My job is done. I bid you all a good day.

New Threads

Top Bottom