• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Discombobulated Triptych

Tom

V.I.P Member
There is a form of expression known as the 'Three Picture Story'. It's quite old in one sense as three related pictures called a 'Triptych' were made at least as long ago as the Middle Ages. Normally the three are related and compliment each other. But often I find pictures very unconnected seem connected in my Aspie mind. Maybe there is something there (doubtful). Maybe its just some junk my brain glued together randomly. Maybe its the repeated head traumas. My guess is it was the 109 degree fever fusing circuits together. Whatever it was I have made this place to post these odd image clusters that I stumble upon. Perhaps you have odd clusters too. Maybe you should see a doctor about those.

My First: Beauty and the Beast

hqdefault.jpg

h_50440853.jpg

tumblr_ms4afen8u41qmtfp8o2_1280.jpg

I sort of understand the beauty and the beast reference in the first and second pics, Mariette Hartley and then Kim-jong un. The third reference seems like a summation of the first two, with the complete beauty and beast in one image. Interesting.

Have never really thought of things in a triptych form, but I can take those faces and find other people who look similar, pasting those faces over them to compare in my mind.

Awww, and here I was hoping you were going to tell us a story of how the pictures are related.
If you're the least stressed about this, you can take heart that its a common aspie trait.
Love the word 'discombobulated'. It used to sometimes appear in the service manuals I wrote.

I have had a game in my notebook for months,
waiting for...a place to put it. It seems the new
place is not likely to appear, not any time soon.

Maybe I should put my similar, but not identical,
game on AC, instead of waiting any longer. It
is a word game, not an image game.

Yes, its a pretty simple one really. Spock is so out of his comfort zone, but good, it reminds me of the mismatch in the Disney Version. Kim is the real deal Beast-Wise. Mariette Hartley... talk about 'Easy on the Eyes', I think mine are melting. :D

Here's a classic iconic type Triptych

Seilern-Triptych.jpg

A Modern version

images

A Three Picture Story

Rocket.jpg

tvGuide24December1965ClevelandPressSchultzYoungMedium.jpg

John_Banner_as_Schultz.jpg

7708_110605437687.jpg

John was born in Austria but emigrated to the USA in 1938. He served in US Army Air Corps from 1942-1945. He lost a lot of his family to the Holocaust.

New Threads

Top Bottom