• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Digital Artwork

StephF

V.I.P Member
I've seen a few references to DA here, are there many people here who do digital art ?
I have a page on Renderosity but I haven't put anything new on there for a long time.
I felt the atmosphere changed and I boycotted it although I still have a load of old stuff there.

I guess I fall into this category with part of my outings.

Every once in a while I'll play around with fractals and photoshop and I did some illustrations digitally. The entire 3d design thing just totally escapes me. But perhaps that's partially because I have no motivation to do so.. I'm not in school for it, I don't aspire to be a 3d designer. The few times I tried 3d design I actually played around with Sketchup, which obviously isn't the most serious program for it, but it did help me a bit out with perspective and angles for illustrative work.

I agree about the 3D thing, I'm not very spatially aware and very clumsy when it comes to trying to sculpt.
On top of that, laying out UVW co-ordinates for texturing is something I have problems with.
I do 2D art, usually in Photoshop and have had a couple printed on stretched canvas on my living room wall.

I dabble a little bit. Less now than I used to, though, and mostly just coloring other people's line art, because I hate my own. Here's my DeviantArt account if you're interested. I've also been playing around with 3D stuff with Blender, but nothing's come of that yet (3D sculpting doesn't really work with a trackball mouse).

I agree about the 3D thing, I'm not very spatially aware and very clumsy when it comes to trying to sculpt.
On top of that, laying out UVW co-ordinates for texturing is something I have problems with.

To me a mouse always felt a bit counter-intuitive for 3d design... and a tablet, well it's great for drawing. For sculpting not so much. But that's my personal opinion.

I guess with that I'm more of a non-digital sculpter then. Not that I do a lot of that, but at least I can use some sculpting tools, turn my object around. That to me is more intuitive. That, and the fact that I have an appreciation for physical (movie) props. Green screens and post-editing in movies don't really interest me either.. guess that falls perfectly in line with the entire digital art thing and how I'm only marginally into it.

I play with Gimp 2.0 sometimes, or MS Paint. I've not really good with digital art, but I'm probably worse at other more conventional mediums now.
My mother's novel has some of my illustrations. The link is in my signature. I just recently started using Deviantart again because of another member's post here actually. >.> I'm not really sure if it's anything anyone would consider talented, but eh...
I'm tacky. Hopefully it's not so flagrant that anyone is offended by the sight.

New Threads

Top Bottom