• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Didn't think to ask a friend to my wedding

I know this must sound bizarre but I didn't ask any friends to my wedding. My fiancee asked a couple of his friends and I did know them casually but they were his close friends, not mine.

This is hard to explain. It is not that I didn't want to ask a friend to come. It is not that I thought of it but was too shy to do it. And I did know someone I could have asked. And I think I really would have enjoyed having a friend at my wedding.

But asking honestly didn't occur to me. How could my mind be so blank? - like I had a hole in my head.

I should have titled this as Socially Blank Moment. Has anybody else had events where they were simply socially blank?

Last edited:
Yes! I have the perfect story.
When my husband and I got married we decided to go to the Justice of the Peace. We has been together for 8 years and getting our friends and famiky together was going to be an expensive logistical nightmare. The J.P. was the solution.
We dressed nicely. Invited our witnesses. Bought flowers etc. But the one thing we didn't think to do is get pictures! We hadn't even brought our phone into the courthouse. We didn't realize it until after we were done!

P.s. I didn't have any friends to invite to my first wedding. I was horrified when my new inlaws to be insisted on a big todo. I had 6 family members and no friends. I wanted a backyard bbq.

The most important thing is that you are committed to each other (with or without the certificate). Many happy years to you.

Neither of us wanted a big celebration as we couldn't see any justification for the expense. We were married a year after we met at the local courthouse with our parents in attendance. We stopped at an ice cream shop afterwards. Not having much money we honeymooned backpacking in Rocky Mountain National Park in the Never Summer Range. The real treat was staying at the Stanley Hotel afterwards.

Perhaps the idea was suppressed by subconscious desires! Think of why you might actually not want any friends there.

New Threads

Top Bottom