• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Didn't go to Church today and felt nothing

Tony Ramirez

Single. True friend's.
V.I.P Member
First I stained my foot on Friday so it still hurts. Then I got up today and my back was killing me so I staid in bed until the late afternoon.

I would have not missed anything except being ignored by single girls and bothered by couples rubbing in their success but you all heard that already.

I will be seeing an doctor soon for the back pain.

Lying in bed may be making back pain worse, I know it does for me. But I don't have it much now as I go walking and try to keep my weight down, maybe start up your walking again more? It doesn't sound like church was working well for you, what might you do instead? A class maybe?

My back pain goes away when I walk around or, obviously, when I take painkillers. And why do you go to church anymore? Do you realize the purpose of it is to worship God? To thank your Creator for creating you and to praise Him for all He's done? To learn more about Him and how you can serve Him? Do you have desire to follow Christ, to give over your life to Him? Or are you just horny?

I have also heard that the best thing for back pain is actually walking, depending on the back injury of course...

Do you have desire to follow Christ, to give over your life to Him? Or are you just horny?
When the only girls that talk to me are couples and guys especially that annoying Michael who is marred with three kids annoying pats me on the back scared me not one week but two I did not want him to do it again today. It's kind of hard to focus on God.

When the only girls that talk to me are couples and guys especially that annoying Michael who is marred with three kids annoying pats me on the back scared me not one week but two I did not want him to do it again today. It's kind of hard to focus on God.

Maybe you should check out some other churches.

All I know is I use to go to every event that TGC had until just a couple a months ago when two prayer groups opened up by two separate couples I did not attend because I know it would consist of the same couples, single by choice girls, single guys and any single girls there would not give me the time of day. If I want girls to ignore me I can go to the park. I thought at Church and events they would not be so stuck up snobs.

I am thinking about leaving Justin group the only group I attend because it is literally one single guy who annoys me because he likes to wear his face mask all the time so I told him to take the stupid thing off. He complied. Then we got three couples one recent joined telling themselves at the group how they meet there spouse. Then if there are any single woman saying they are going to attend for the first time flake at the last minute then never try to show up again.

Sometimes people are a little cold in order to ensure that the other person does not become attracted to them or make it known that they are already attracted to them. I've learned that I can't be too friendly with gay men, not that I'm unfriendly exactly, just not overly joyful and kind in the same way as I am with other people.

Don't get me started on gay men approaching me. It's like I have an gay radar on me. I am so not into that. I am straight.

Don't get me started on gay men approaching me. It's like I have an gay radar on me. I am so not into that. I am straight.

I'm gonna take a wild, crazy guess and say that this doesnt happen even remotely as often as you say it does.

But instead, you're drastically misreading what is actually happening, which is a theme I notice in your posts. Just like this nonstop delusion of people "rubbing their relationships in your face". How many bloody times do we have to go over this before it will sink in that NONE of them are doing that?

download (6).jpg

(sorry, I couldnt resist the urge to post that one)

And I guarantee you: People who arent straight arent any different. They dont go through life obsessing and thinking "MUST HAVE RELATIONSHIP, MUST HIT ON ANYTHING THAT MOVES".

And even if someone says very directly that they're into you... that doesnt mean it's true. Some jerks will pick up on your very obvious desperation and obsession and say things like that just to get you all riled up.

All the more reason to drop the delusion, yeah?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: You will never get what you want until you change. And that's a fact, not a vague prediction.

EDIT: Also I must clarify: No, people talking about their spouse or something isnt "rubbing it in your face". It's a common thing people discuss with others that they know. Simple as that.

@Tony Ramirez to start with you have an attitude problem, especially discounting those who could help widen your social circle to introduce you to others. But then, you are certainly not some relationship guru especially when you imply that you deserve attention without earning it. For a year I have heard the same complaints from you and still do not see you changing to put yourself out in a pleasant manner. How is it that you continue with the S.O.S. then complain that it is not working without taking stock of yourself and doing some course correction?

I dont get the link between not going to church and feeling.
I go to church and feel nothing, and sometimes stay home - and equally feel nothing.

Is church about feeling?

I missed this week too. I am starting to feel like Church is not a good place to socialize. But then no other place is good either for ASD. School is the worst whether you're bullied, ignored or both. Work is the same. Groups again usually ignored by people you want as your friends like girls and bothered by single guys and couples you don't want as friends.

bothered by single guys and couples you don't want as friends.
There you go again. You have near zero resilience. One way is to have a good circle of friends, especially couples who may know dateable women. What are YOU doing to put yourself out to the single women, and what are YOU doing to be attractive to those women?

Once again I have to correct you. I will spell it out in all caps so you get it through your thick head.

ALL THEIR FRIENDS AND RELATIVES ARE EITHER MARRIED OR THEIR IN AN RELATIONSHIP.

It's a dead end.
It doesn't mean that they don't have friends of friends who might be single and looking, or that someone might enter one of the networks tomorrow.

Just as someone who wishes for Lady Luck to smile on them must at least but a lottery ticket once in a blue moon, so must the one who desires a relationship (or anything else) take steps so if it's their lucky day and all the stars align for them, that it would be possible for the cosmic forces to actually deliver.

You seem quite fortunate in that despite the negativity which you portray here (both from your words and how you describe your interactions), that there are many people who are proactively reaching out to you.

As Gerald and others have suggested, you should do your best to befriend them. If nothing else, they'll help you better understand one of the core concepts of any relationship - the give and take.

In a good relationship, one should only be worried about giving, for if everyone gives and is generous in their giving, they need not worry about what they're receiving. And society is also better when we focus on trying to improve it and help wherever we can, rather than to vainly seek personal benefit. To quote President Kennedy "Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country."

And so, let me ask, what have you done for your community? And if the answer is nothing, that's okay, for tomorrow's a new day and a chance to change yourself and your community for the better. And sooner or later, that new and improved you will get noticed, though when we give and share, it should be for the sake of genuine giving and sharing and not for ulterior purposes, though secondary benefits may arise.

It's a dead end.
Sez who? The relationship guru?
It doesn't mean that they don't have friends of friends who might be single and looking, or that someone might enter one of the networks tomorrow.

Just as someone who wishes for Lady Luck to smile on them must at least but a lottery ticket once in a blue moon, so must the one who desires a relationship (or anything else) take steps so if it's their lucky day and all the stars align for them, that it would be possible for the cosmic forces to actually deliver.

You seem quite fortunate in that despite the negativity which you portray here (both from your words and how you describe your interactions), that there are many people who are proactively reaching out to you.

As Gerald and others have suggested, you should do your best to befriend them. If nothing else, they'll help you better understand one of the core concepts of any relationship - the give and take.

In a good relationship, one should only be worried about giving, for if everyone gives and is generous in their giving, they need not worry about what they're receiving. And society is also better when we focus on trying to improve it and help wherever we can, rather than to vainly seek personal benefit. To quote President Kennedy "Ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country."

And so, let me ask, what have you done for your community? And if the answer is nothing, that's okay, for tomorrow's a new day and a chance to change yourself and your community for the better. And sooner or later, that new and improved you will get noticed, though when we give and share, it should be for the sake of genuine giving and sharing and not for ulterior purposes, though secondary benefits may arise.
As I told Tony, he is not resilient. Getting a network of friends provides social resilience.
Isn't that a good selling point too?

New Threads

Top Bottom