• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Did anyone try Transcranial magnetic stimulation for depression?

felines are superior

Anyone has any experience with tms (transcranial magnetic stimulation) for depression? Does it work? I suffer from depression for a really long time now, although not severe. Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with it.

I tried something called rEEG about 11 years ago which was suppose to help with depression and it did help for a while but without any lasting effects. Here is some information in case you're interested. The good news is that it has come a long way in that time and it might work better now.

rEEG |

The Fischer-Wallace transcranial stimulator.
I've talked with my psychiatrist about it.
It seems safer than drugs and no side effects.
Put it on and wear it a few hours each day while doing something at home.
Cooking, watching TV, etc.

Only problem is the price.
Not covered by insurance and the one I looked at was $4,000.00
Some psychiatrists offer use of it in office, but not many. The time and in my
case, distance of the nearest one that has it is much inconvenience.
If I knew a few people that used it and it actually helped, I would somehow find a way to buy one.
Edit note: Just found this now for $700.00.
Price must have really been reduced from 3 yrs ago.
Fisher Wallace

Last edited:
How ironic you should ask. One of my best friends called me yesterday about this type of treatment. He has struggled with severe clinical depression all his life and drugs no longer help him. He doesn't want to have EST because of the memory loss and cognition impairment associated with it which would be very detrimental to his job performance.

Last week one of his mental health counselors hooked him up (electrodes attached to earlobes) and worked with him to get the intensity at the correct level. He said he got a headache at first so the counselor kept reducing the intensity until he no longer experienced headache. He uses the machine for 20 minute sessions and can use it as often as he wants. It is early, but he thinks he feels better after each session and has ordered a machine for use in his home for about $800. Meanwhile, he is borrowing his counselor's machine to administer treatments at home.

He also said that it is FDA approved and that the VA uses it to treat PTSD.

New Threads

Top Bottom