• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dialogue With My Future Self

SimonSays

Van Dweller
V.I.P Member
I had a visitor yesterday. Well, my future self to be exact. From somewhere further along my timeline. Having already experienced where I am now, he was able to make contact with me, revealing that because everything is here and now, even though I have yet to become him, it was clear by the way he spoke that while he was definitely him, he was also definitely me.

It just made sense that he could contact me this way. Not to warn me of impending danger or help me avoid some pitfall that lay ahead; I still had to experience everything for the first time. No, it was to let me know that HE had already done it, knowing I would, and that whatever I did, whatever I would do, would lead me to him because clearly, he was already there.

He wanted me to know that I’d been doing fine, and that whatever happened next, I just had to go with it.

This was fascinating to me, and I asked him questions, knowing he would only tell me what I was able to hear. We talked about several things, and his visit revealed he was really here to relieve me of the doubts I’d been having about whether I was doing the right thing.

Having this conversation felt both weird and perfectly normal. It all took place internally of course, and like talking to someone I knew really well, and realising how well he knew me, I knew I could trust him completely.

I couldn’t tell you how far into the future he was coming from; time made no sense at this point, but his energy and his words were unmistakable. Contact went on for some time, and while we talked about many things, most of which I can’t go into here, the feeling of his presence was so real.

I was wide awake, sitting up and resting against a cushion. I had no problem speaking to him, but because he was me, it let me take what I said to a whole new level. No judgment from him of course, just awareness, here to reveal himself rather than change something.

He told me I was ready to meet him, which is why he could be here and why I would recognise him. I ought to have asked did his future self appear to him too when he was me? As I write this I know the answer will be yes.

Time is a rather strange and fluid thing it seems, and because everything is here and now, if one is able to gain access to it, move within it, it is like holding a strip of film where you can view the frames in whatever order you like rather than having to see each one linearly, one at a time.

He said it didn’t matter what I did now, it would always end up being what he had already done, so there was no reason to be concerned if life didn’t seem to make sense. I just had to experience it, in the present, without knowing what was to come. I just had to be open to whatever did.

Knowing he’d already done this made me feel very peaceful.

He said there was so much more, and right now from where he was, he seemed so much more than I could ever imagine.

He wasn’t here to tell me my future, only to tell me I had one. To relieve me, nudge me, into letting go of the doubts that had been plaguing me. Doubts that were stopping me from being as present as I could be. Doubts that I wasn’t doing what I needed to do, and the fear that was interfering with me as a result.

He said that everything I was doing was just as it needed to be, and that I would never stop becoming him. I just had to keep going and all would be well. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience.

Written in 2015.

Because our past selves influence our present selves, our present selves can go back and talk to our past selves and let them know what it is we would like to have known.....you are right. Time is funny. I have done this with past self which seems to rearrange the emotional sting of some memories. And again, it cannot really be explained but you can do it.

Because our past selves influence our present selves, our present selves can go back and talk to our past selves and let them know what it is we would like to have known.....you are right. Time is funny. I have done this with past self which seems to rearrange the emotional sting of some memories. And again, it cannot really be explained but you can do it.
Well, my future self could with me, I don't know if I could, although it is interesting to wonder what would I say to a younger self if I had the chance? And which version of my younger self would make the most sense to communicate with?

You're lucky. When my future self visited, all he did was take the potato chips and leave, laughing.

Knowing what I know now I’d have never come out the womb they’d have to come in and suck me out piece by piece cause I would’t come out knowing what I know now. Just....no.

I believe when babies die they go straight to heaven, so I’d love to have gotten to go straight to heaven without having to do life in a painful body with hateful people.

Now, things are a bit different right now. I do have a wonderful and kind husband and three beautiful giant beast of dogs that make a happy home. But a do over? Who knows, maybe one of those space ships that have been hovering around can take us back into time or something lol.

Below, one of the faces I have the joy of waking up too. 120 pounds of love :)

1391F798-8CF1-4FCC-ADD0-EC5B1016D8AF.jpeg

I imagine I am ten years older and while I am struggling to stay present and not worry about the future, and how on earth everything is going to work out without traumatising me, and others, I fantasise that my 64 year old self looks back on her life and thinks I was tough and the experiences I had from 2021 to 2031 brought out the strength and wisdom in myself and I was a happy creative wise and inspiring and healthy 64 year old.
I am 54 now, thinking, look at the f*ck ups I have made, how can I get out of the holes I have dug, not only for myself, but for others. They will want to punish me when they realise the extent of the fu*ck-ups, but my 64 year old self says, it was a series of challenges which you successfully passed through and no one's lives were ruined as a result of your past errors.

Edited to add, I remember getting into smoking hash, and this thought came to me, I was not spiritually aware at the time, just going out with a bloke who had a gift he was born with, and me wanting to be like him.
Anyway, when stoned, the thought that entered my head was "The past, present and future are all simultaneous".

My past, present and future have comingled and there is no clear lines. So living in present is a ridiculous statement. So l live for the seconds of personal expression mixed with isolation. Short spots of what l like, with lockdown bunker mode mentality. I am frightened of people who lost jobs, lost houses, lost realtives due to the panademic. So l can't see my future. l do see a past that was more hopeful. I want my doppelganger to come tell me this too will past, here is weighted blanket and safe cave for you to retreat too. And a porta potty for times you just gotta flow.

I want my doppelganger to come tell me this too will pass
I am not her, but...this too will pass. Your blanket has already been delivered to your cave, together with an extra large potty, as I know you need to let out a lot. ;)

The past, present and future are all simultaneous
The only thing that exists is what is happening now, and now, and now, and now...
The past is a thought, created now.
The future is a thought of something not here now and never can be.

I cannot go back to the past as it wouldn't be the past but the present. What I were to do there could never change my current present because it hasn't happened and won't. This would be its own timeline. An infinity of parallel realties. All here, all now, all simultaneous.

This is how I see it anyway.

I can't say for sure that what happened that day in the van was what it seemed to be, only that it happened, and it helped me feel better at a time when I needed to. I was depressed, close to suicidal, overwhelmed by feeling isolated and alone. Feeling like nothing mattered and I could make nothing work. No relationships, no friendships, no work, no purpose. A life outside of life. But it brought me comfort. It helped me hold on and not give in to the dark thoughts. And eventually things changed, as they always do.

I just wanted to share it as I came across it while reviewing old writings. I liked how I'd written it. I remembered how much it had meant to me. It helps me do the same now.

The only thing that exists is what is happening now, and now, and now, and now...
The past is a thought, created now.
The future is a thought of something not here now and never can be.

Yes, I get you.
The past is a memory we are having now.
The now is, ermm...just right now.
The future is an imagining.
Deep.
:)

New Threads

Top Bottom