• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

KateH21

Hi I'm very new to this website however I wanted to know peoples experiences with being diagnosed as a female or a family member being diagnosed? How hard did you find the experience?
Also if it's a family member - how is it having an older sibling with Aspergers? Or being an older sibling with Aspergers?
My sister's diagnosis was a difficult process, she has depression and OCD as well, and she was wrongly diagnosed multiple times, particularly MPD (Multiple Personality Disorder).
I would love to hear anyones thoughts as I've often wondered this as a younger sibling it can be overwhelming trying to communicate with my older sister without being patronising.
Also if anyone replies could you consent as to whether I can use your words in a paper i'm writing on autism and aspergers? I will of course change names and ages.
Looking forward to responses from everybody. XX

Trying to address the totality of the autistic experience is always intimidating to me. I find it easier if broken down into smaller pieces that you have questions on.

But as far as patronizing. Is that something she has expressed or your own concern only?

Oh and for a nice sounding quote for your paper how does this sound? "Five score minus one years ago, some-swiss-bodies forefather named Eugen Bleuler coined the phrase autism"

Eugen-Bleuler.jpg
;)

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

New Threads

Top Bottom