1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Diagnosis, Finally

Discussion in 'General Autism Discussion' started by Table, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Table

Table New Member

I want to thank everyone on here for helping me. I may not have made many posts, but the few I did have gotten me finally diagnosed.
    It’s validating to know that it’s not that I’m not trying to make friends, I’m not just antisocial. I spent a lot of time tortured by my mothers words, (although she doesn’t know it) her questioning why I don’t hang out with my friends spontaneously on the weekend and why talking over the phone is so difficult and why a loud room of people is triggering but a loud concert is fine.

Of course it’s not an excuse, but now that I have a better look at my brain and how I work I can formulate a better plan to work at my social skills and improve.

Thanks to all for supporting me and helping me find the tools to get where I am today. I’m happy to finally be able to change my status.

• Like Like x 10
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Autistamatic

Autistamatic He's just this guy, you know? V.I.P Member

Delighted for you. Hope it helps you make sense of your life and give you certainty :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Aspychata

Aspychata My Art Work

I swear l deal with this everyday. I don't have a compulsive need to have a zillion friends, it's not that important to me. I want to read, write and stuff.

Hope you don't beat yourself up about little to zero friends. You are just wired differently, but you are still okay. Anyways, welcome to the site.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Sarah S

Sarah S Well-Known Member

Good luck in youre future life :) and always remember youre still exatly the same person you were before this diagnose the only difrence is you now have explonation on why you are as you are and you have NOTHING to feel ashamed of.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Streetwise

Streetwise very cautious contributor V.I.P Member

I think if the panic attacks stop I might understand what you are feeling today

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. tducey

tducey Well-Known Member

Best of luck to you with your diagnosis, hope everything goes well for you.

7. Table

Table New Member

That’s fantastic? I think?