• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Design an Aspergers Movie or TV Series

V.I.P Member
Hijacking someone else's very good idea here..... (except hopefully none of us will think that our AS representative will be a Hooters' chick).

If you were to design a movie or TV series - be it serious or comedic or somewhere in between - what sort of storyline/s would you have and what sort of characters would you choose to represent Aspergers Syndrome and HFA in general?

I was tossing a few ideas around on my walk this morning and, to be honest, they were pretty ludicrous. I may share them later.

I would like it if there was a comedy about a group of 3 students and best friends that are aspies and they are sharing a flat. They get into all these hilarious escapades and things.

ATM I am writing a story about a teenage girl with AS who gets pregnant by her also AS best friend turned boyfriend when they went on a trip with their autism youth club. And there are are few smaller sub plots in there as well involving the other members of the club.

I would like it if there was a comedy about a group of 3 students and best friends that are aspies and they are sharing a flat. They get into all these hilarious escapades and things.

ATM I am writing a story about a teenage girl with AS who gets pregnant by her also AS best friend turned boyfriend when they went on a trip with their autism youth club. And there are are few smaller sub plots in there as well involving the other members of the club.
Tell me when you've finished your book. It sounds cool (Y).
EMZ=]

Tell me when you've finished your book. It sounds cool (Y).
EMZ=]

Will do! Although my characters have only been at the trip for 2 days and I've already got writer's block. Can't think of anything else to put.

Like I said, earlier, I was tossing some ideas around and this was about all I could come up with. You don't need to tell me it is stupid, I already know. But you can if you want. :p

So my idea was that there would be some wannabe Aspie detective or PI. Maybe he gets called in by the "real" police to help them solve difficult cases. Or maybe he invites himself to get involved. A bit like the guy in "Psych".

The lead character would be obsessed with solving crimes, like it was his obsession or special interest.

The lead character would be portrayed by a particularly handsome actor, and women would constantly be falling for him, but he would be completely clueless about it and unwittingly undermine every potential relationship he may get into by saying or doing something inappropriate, or by completely misreading any come-ons. And he would go around with the often-stated belief that women simply don't find guys like him attractive.

So this guy spends a lot of time on the internet and knows a lot of unusual and reclusive people with various neurological disorders. Mostly Aspies, but occasionally people with bipolar disorder or autism or something like that. He calls these people in to help him with cases where their special interests or talents can help him. A bit like how Fox Mulder used to call in his favourite conspiracy theorists, The Lone Gunmen ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lone_Gunmen_(TV_series) ). Part of the story would be how the lead character often needs to cajole these characters, or virtually drag them from their houses/apartments, in order to get them involved.

He would have to have an assistant or a sidekick or two. Unsure if these should be Aspies or NTs. Perhaps one of each.

I don't think I came up with a single original ingredient for the show.

Really not a lot different to other shows that are out there.

Like I said, earlier, I was tossing some ideas around and this was about all I could come up with. You don't need to tell me it is stupid, I already know. But you can if you want. :p

So my idea was that there would be some wannabe Aspie detective or PI. Maybe he gets called in by the "real" police to help them solve difficult cases. Or maybe he invites himself to get involved. A bit like the guy in "Psych".

The lead character would be obsessed with solving crimes, like it was his obsession or special interest.

The lead character would be portrayed by a particularly handsome actor, and women would constantly be falling for him, but he would be completely clueless about it and unwittingly undermine every potential relationship he may get into by saying or doing something inappropriate, or by completely misreading any come-ons. And he would go around with the often-stated belief that women simply don't find guys like him attractive.

So this guy spends a lot of time on the internet and knows a lot of unusual and reclusive people with various neurological disorders. Mostly Aspies, but occasionally people with bipolar disorder or autism or something like that. He calls these people in to help him with cases where their special interests or talents can help him. A bit like how Fox Mulder used to call in his favourite conspiracy theorists, The Lone Gunmen ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lone_Gunmen_(TV_series) ). Part of the story would be how the lead character often needs to cajole these characters, or virtually drag them from their houses/apartments, in order to get them involved.

He would have to have an assistant or a sidekick or two. Unsure if these should be Aspies or NTs. Perhaps one of each.

I don't think I came up with a single original ingredient for the show.

Really not a lot different to other shows that are out there.

Ace a team of autistic detectives! Murder mysteries with a twist huh.

Funny thing is the other day I was just imagining what a spy film would be like if there were a group of aspie spies all solving cases and things. If it was a comedy I'd include the line: 00-aspie licence to sperg B)

New Threads

Top Bottom