• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Describe some of your happiest moments.

My Birthday at an arcade. Surrounded by family.

Christmas with family and no less then three feasts in that time.

Watching parades and fireworks in the back of a pick-up.

Halloween truck or treating. And a hay ride after dark.

Easter egg hunts with money eggs.

Seeing Avengers Endgame in theaters with no spoilers.

Finally seeing the rest of the Final fight between Frieza and Goku. Waiting since the first airing in the 90s.

Recently completeing my manuscripts for two new books.

Leather seats after the sun has warmed them.

Last edited:
Looking at the sunset with somebody special. The afterglow of the afterglow. When the sun goes down and it's only two.

Reaching a beautiful view at the end of a hike.

Popping my head out the window of a train to feel the breeze while enjoying the scenery.

Exploring the Palatine Hill on a hot day, thirsty and somewhat dehydrated, and stumbling across a coke machine.

At my first marathon, hitting the 37km marker and seeing an chalk message with encouragement and enthusiasm for the final 5k (but also at the same time, feeling a bit sad that my journey was nearing its end)

Perched alone atop the piled and broken remains of my fallen foes, i savor my glorious victory and relish my eventual ascent to total domination.

Meeting my wife and traveling across the country with her.

Countless times gazing at the Northern Lights, every color imaginable. Sometimes all at once.

Listening to the cry of loons and the howling of wolves up at my dad's place on the lake.

Laying on the ground in Northern California watching a meteor shower after eating a small dose of mushrooms.

Hanging out with my childhood/teenage friends before some of them passed way before their times.

Seeing a great horned owl in the daylight.

I could go on and on. Nice thread!

Graduating from high school.

Getting my first job at a zoo's admin building.

Making friends with someone at a different job, as well as her twin sister

Going to Six Flags in Aurora, OH.

Pretty much any birthday I had.

Adopting my cat, who is now 18.

Going to Florida to visit family.

Going to my aunt's house for pool parties and Christmas celebrations

One that was very satisfactory was scoring the only goal for the US Airforce against the German Air Force in a soccer match. I had been in a lot of trouble leading up to it with the muckity mucks (bosses) and they did not want me to even play. But the finally did allow me to practice with the team they put together. It kinda got physical during the practices and they sometimes went for me and not the ball. But I gave as good as I got and put some of them on their butts. Everything shifted from that moment I 'upheld the honor of the service' and suddenly I went from the black list to the gold list.

Last edited:
Exploring the Canadian prairies, I have lots of favourite spots, one I've been to twice is down a gravel/dirt road where the ferry used to cross the South Saskatchewan River (many years ago), the ferry is still there just above the river rotting away, it's amazing and peaceful down there by the river... It's so isolated - and a dead end at the river - a person could easily spend all day down there without seeing anyone... Yes two photos, because I must illustrate it :) I'm not sure if this spot is in Alberta or Saskatchewan, whether it truly matters or not,it's so close to either border...

Empress 01.jpg

Empress 02.jpg

Last edited:
Being submerged in large bodies of water, just bobbing with the waves. The tranquility is like nothing I've experienced.

Exploring abandoned towns and houses.

Sitting in the bed of a truck at night as a family friend drove down a dark road (dangerous I know, but the stars and the summer breeze was unreal)

A friend and I climbed on top of some hay-bails at night and laid there just looking up at the stars. It was beautiful.

Basically any opportunity I have to see the moon is magical.

Standing in the middle of a forest at a music festival- I'm not into loud sounds too much, but I had been hiking the trails near the creek at a festival, and I started hearing one of the artists singing. I am partially deaf and have auditory processing issues so I don't know if it would be something that everybody hears or is just a product of one of these things, but sound traveling through a forest produces such an unearthly, beautiful quality that I can't fully explain- it's kinda warbly, but flows at the same time.

Exploring the Canadian prairies, I have lots of favourite spots, one I've been to twice is down a gravel/dirt road where the ferry used to cross the South Saskatchewan River (many years ago), the ferry is still there just above the river rotting away, it's amazing and peaceful down there by the river... It's so isolated - and a dead end at the river - a person could easily spend all day down there without seeing anyone... Yes two photos, because I must illustrate it :) I'm not sure if this spot is in Alberta or Saskatchewan, whether it truly matters or not,it's so close to either border...

View attachment 67373

View attachment 67374

Wow, I especially love the second one! Beautiful photos and spot.

Last edited:
I maintain to this day that the last day of high school was among the happiest days of my life. That's not hyperbole. It's one of the few days in my life where I felt a sustained feeling of elation for that length of time.

A foster cat was on the arm of my armchair, she brushed her thick furry cheek against mine as she waked past, it felt electric.

Various times on ecstasy, things made sense for the first time. (Note I am not condoning drugs, this is in the context of feeling happy-prefer to feel happy with more healthy methods now)

Belly laughs on LSD (again the same drugs disclaimer applies)

Being with a very cool guy who took a chance and met a aspie woman out of the blue. I was extremely frighten to go and meet him. But we ventured out of ourselves.

It was sunny day and it passed midday. I was fishing from an open sandy lake shore. After a while I realized I was completely alone with no one around. For a couple of hours I had no care in the world. Never again, I was able to enter this state of mind.

Being held as a baby in my mother's arms as I sucked my thumb with the other hand in her long
black hair. She sang songs to me and rocked in the rocking chair.
The most peaceful moment of my life.

Laying on a blanket at night at my Grandmother's farm just looking at the stars, imagining
each star was a window to heaven and an angel was looking back. Age 5.

When I was sick once in early teens and Mom brought back a package of Coleus seeds, because
I loved gardening, thinking it would cheer me up.
Such a small thing. They never grew, but, it made me feel I was loved to receive them.

Swimming in spring creeks in the Ozarks. Turn numb from the cold. But, they were so clear and clean.
I would look for red earred turtles and pretty rocks.

Fishing in the ocean and floating on the waves, without a boat. Just the white sandy beach and
the clear salt water.
Swimming once at a nude beach. Such a feeling of freedom.

Going to Star Parties in University. Stayed up all night at a golf course outside of town
where each telescope was set to a certain planet, moon or galaxy and nebulaes.

New Threads

Top Bottom