• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Depression and insomnia

Blue

Ive been depressed lately. i get this way when i'm up at nights. When i do sleep, i have bad dreams.
I'm really lonely.
My hands are a little better but get sore if i type or play video games very much. Will my wrists ever fully heal?

"Glucosamine, also called chitosamine, is a natural substance that is found in the covering of shellfish.
Chondroitin can come from natural sources, such as shark or bovine cartilage, or it can be made in a lab."

Glucosamine and Chondroitin-Topic Overview
I thought so but I'm never positive about my memory anymore
I would have to make sure it was the synthetic form,I try to keep kosher so wouldn't be eating the shellfish form.

Ive been depressed lately. i get this way when i'm up at nights. When i do sleep, i have bad dreams.
I'm really lonely.
My hands are a little better but get sore if i type or play video games very much. Will my wrists ever fully heal?

Sorry your wrists hurt. Can you possibly get some of those carpal tunnel wraps or splints (not sure what they are called)? Maybe microwave some moist towels and wrap your wrist in them? Not real sure. Just know it sucks to hurt. My knees are my 2 killer joints on my body. I lost my balance and fell through a ceiling installing some new HVAC duct work about 10 years ago, and they have been messed up ever since.

Its 2 am... I just woke up from a nightmare only to remember I'm living one... I wake up with people screaming at me in my sleep it sucks (PTSD).

I got a lot of yuck going on in my life that needs to stop. I think its long past time for some things to change in my life. I feel used and confused, but its just part of the process of waking up to a the fact I never should have gotten married I guess. Its not cool to be supplying 100% of everything and be hated for who I am 24/7. I cant be who I'm not.

Logic says there is no logic in a marriage where I have to fake and hide ASD (and any other issues I have) even with my wife. Its become this "thing" where I have to pretend I'm not messed up, or I'm hated. It's ripping me apart inside, because I have no place to just be me. I just want to be a hermit at this point. Its been a tough week, but maybe it will get better soon. Depression sucks and it sucks worse when your not allowed to even let it be known why I'm depressed.

Get some sleep if you can. Try and stay positive... Like I am being Mr. Positive... Geez. You can laugh now, or call me a hypocrite. I'm a train wreck, but I mean well... : ) I'm going to try and go back to sleep and dream of anywhere but here.

I'm really lonely.

It is not clear from your post exactly what is wrong with your wrists. Do you know what is wrong with them? Since they get sore frome typing and video games it seems as if it could be carpal tunnel or some kind of arthritis.

I used to have carpal tunnel, but a chiropracter fixed it. Not every chiropracter can do this, but it sure helped me a lot. Now I have arthritis, but have found stuff so it does not bother me much most of the time.

I am sorry that you have such bad memories that it causes you to have PTSD. I wrote some posts on my blog on this site called "Musings", about how to deal with PTSD that might be some help to you.

Last edited:
It's a relief to hear you are separating from your wife.
I am separating from my hisband too. Even if it hurts, it doesn't hurt nearly as much as all the crises we've had, ever since our relationship started to go downwards, several years ago.

One of the moments that hurt the most was a while back, when my husband said to me: "I don't have anything to thank you". I felt erased from the face of the Earth. By then we had been married for 11 years, dated for 3 years, had two kids... lived in six countries! ... and he didn't have anything to thank me for.

Sometimes, even if we try our best or hardest, a relationship just doesn't work.

I learned the hard way that you can not make anyone love you.

I have to thank you @Chance for being honest in your posts. When you said that you checked out 100% from your married life when you had to work in another city, it was like you iluminated a stadium. My husband used to do that and I never understood what was going on with certainty, until you made that comment.

It's a relief to hear you are separating from your wife.
I am separating from my hisband too. Even if it hurts, it doesn't hurt nearly as much as all the crises we've had, ever since our relationship started to go downwards, several years ago.

One of the moments that hurt the most was a while back, when my husband said to me: "I don't have anything to thank you". I felt erased from the face of the Earth. By then we had been married for 11 years, dated for 3 years, had two kids... lived in six countries! ... and he didn't have anything to thank me for.

Sometimes, even if we try our best or hardest, a relationship just doesn't work.

I learned the hard way that you can not make anyone love you.

I have to thank you @Chance for being honest in your posts. When you said that you checked out 100% from your married life when you had to work in another city, it was like you iluminated a stadium. My husband used to do that and I never understood what was going on with certainty, until you made that comment.
That is so sad, Sabrina. You are worth way more than that! He will lose you to someone awesome! Life is just so damn heavy sometimes

Sorry your wrists hurt. Can you possibly get some of those carpal tunnel wraps or splints (not sure what they are called)? Maybe microwave some moist towels and wrap your wrist in them? Not real sure. Just know it sucks to hurt. My knees are my 2 killer joints on my body. I lost my balance and fell through a ceiling installing some new HVAC duct work about 10 years ago, and they have been messed up ever since.

Its 2 am... I just woke up from a nightmare only to remember I'm living one... I wake up with people screaming at me in my sleep it sucks (PTSD).

I got a lot of yuck going on in my life that needs to stop. I think its long past time for some things to change in my life. I feel used and confused, but its just part of the process of waking up to a the fact I never should have gotten married I guess. Its not cool to be supplying 100% of everything and be hated for who I am 24/7. I cant be who I'm not.

Logic says there is no logic in a marriage where I have to fake and hide ASD (and any other issues I have) even with my wife. Its become this "thing" where I have to pretend I'm not messed up, or I'm hated. It's ripping me apart inside, because I have no place to just be me. I just want to be a hermit at this point. Its been a tough week, but maybe it will get better soon. Depression sucks and it sucks worse when your not allowed to even let it be known why I'm depressed.

Get some sleep if you can. Try and stay positive... Like I am being Mr. Positive... Geez. You can laugh now, or call me a hypocrite. I'm a train wreck, but I mean well... : ) I'm going to try and go back to sleep and dream of anywhere but here.

You really helped me when i was scary down. Maybe just knowing so many people here care about you and like you will help? We see you as strong and kind and very empathetic. You care about others which is so rare.

I hope you have a better day. My friend told me in bad times look up to the sky because it never changes. Same for the ocean but we are not all near the ocean.

Think of all the people looking at the sky when you are. Some are going to kill themselves. Some are getting married. Some just had sex for the first time! Some just passed a hard test. Endless......

And here i am looking at it. I love the sky.

I did this when i was young and sad at camp. My mom said "Look at the moon at 8 pm and i will ,too" when i did, i felt i was not so far away.

So tonight at 8 pm look at the moon! Okrad will send you joy and hope you are at peace. I will also send the same thoughts to everyone on here going through a hard time....i care about my aspie and autie friends....

TBH, this isn't really helping to hear how horrible relationships are. no matter how hard i try i never connect with people. i have to believe that there's something better than this and i'll find love.

TBH, this isn't really helping to hear how horrible relationships are. no matter how hard i try i never connect with people. i have to believe that there's something better than this and i'll find love.

Your right Blue... Its out there for every person, just gotta go through some stuff to find it. Don't ever give up and just be honest with yourself that it may take time and it make have some heartbreaks along the way.
Humans (all of us) are quirky beings...

New Threads

Top Bottom