• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dell Autism Hiring

SL JediKnight

so i found recently that Dell and other big big tech companies have autism hiring problems when i told my parents they said that dells pay sucks and that i will lose my social security check anyway does anyone done any those problems if so what are they like? PS please be nice

I work for a tech company that hires line workers (assembling stuff), technicians, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, programmers, etc. It all depends on your qualifications and skills.

I worked a short stint for HP. They claimed to only hire "top talent", but their pay was middle-of-the-road. I wouldn't be surprised if Dell was the same.

Go to Vocational Rehabilitation and see how they may help. It is true that if you work, you will eventually lose your check and also health care. Disabilities in the US still follows the charity/dependency model. Other countries also do to an extend but wherever there is national health care, the disabled are able to have a bit more wriggle room to try.

The penalties in the US can be catastrophic and deadly if one loses health care. Talk to VR. They can explain all this to you. If you can work at a place that offers good benefits, you will not need to be on the System, but you need advice from those who work in the area because it is unbelievably complicated and requires data keeping, work-hours logged, etc......People do it, but you must know what you are doing.

If you live in a state that expanded Medicaid to include adults without children, you will be able to get health insurance regardless of your income.

If you live in a state that only covers adults who have children (common in many Southern states), then you may be better off not trying to work because you could lose your benefits and end up not being able to get health insurance.

New Threads

Top Bottom