• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Deleting Account And Posts

The Penguin

Chilly Willy The Penguin
As I know many people wrote comments about this topic, I wanted to share my thoughts for this. As it in the General Rules & Guidelines AC don't delete accounts or posts, I think this notice should be shown during account signup. Most people are a custom of using other sites that you can have posts and account deleted. Though I'm not going to argue about AC policies, I feel AC should display this clause during account signup and the user must agree before creating an account.

Sometimes things happen in one's family and one reacts in anger- by opening up their inner thoughts and feelings on the Forum that do not put their families in a good light. It is not uncommon for Aspies to feel maligned and put down by their families- often for good reasons too.

However, after a period of reflection, and particularly those that have a strong Christian/ other religion ethic, they may feel guilty and remorseful about what has happened. Such folk might want to delete their original post in which they left a no- holds- barred exposure of their treatment. Must the original posts be left up, particularly if the affected Aspies be later reconciled to the same family members?

Ian Pennell

New Threads

Top Bottom