• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dealing with Stress and Dark Times

rabiit24

Hi All

I need some advice, my partner is diagnosed autistic and if you have read any of my previous posts you know that we started off our relationship as an affair. We have been seeing each other for two years and needless to say it has been difficult (my other posts will show this)

In October last year my partners (now ex) wife filed for divorce, since then we have been pretty much living together and things have been good. A couple of weeks ago he ended things with me because he felt that it was unfair to me to go through this period of pain with him (he has received his nici and is working on the financial details) and that I hadn't been helping. I have found this whole situation difficult and admit that I had been applying pressure although unaware at the time that I had been doing so.

Anyway, he is just about to complete on the sale of the family home and therefore needs to find somewhere else to live, this week we found him a flat to move into, in terms of location it is perfect by the station, has a garage and an added bonus is that it is behind my house :)

He took it off the market on Saturday morning, today I get a call from the estate agent because they cannot get hold of him and they inform me that the landlord will not offer the type of tenancy that we specifically checked he would prior to signing any forms. I called him to inform him (he has his son this weekend so not with me as he hasn't introduced me to him yet) he did not react how I expected him to in that he flew off the deep end and started talking about throwing in the towel and getting his money back etc. a little way into the conversation I flew off the handle as well (he has been off with me in the last 24hrs and it got to me, like the straw that broke the camels back) anyway long story short towards the end of the conversation he said "We should just call it a day, they are the ones who change the bargain and I am the one getting the third degree. Tell them to forget it". Now, I may be overreacting but I am not sure, however when he has said "We should just call it a day in the past" he has been talking about our relationship and although we have got back together I don't know if he was talking about us or whether it was just the flat he was talking about. Does anyone else have an opinion?

He is supposed to be coming home tonight and I did ask him after he said that if he was going to come back and he did say yes but he sounded so forlorn when he said it I am not sure if he was just saying it because it was what I wanted to hear, or whether he said yes and just has the intention of coming back and picking up his things. It has appeared that we have been really happy and he even said to me this week "Can you see I am building a life with you" so I am hoping that even if he did mean it in terms of our relationship that it of the moment and that he didn't actually mean it?

I haven't seen him for 3 days and all I want to do is give him a massive hug as soon as he walks in the door and give him a big kiss but I am not sure how well that is going to be received if he was in fact talking about ending us.

It sounds like a hug might be the best thing needed by him right now! I wouldn't read too much into his "We should just call it a day" comment. Sounds like he just wanted to end the conversation because it was unpleasant. He's had a LOT of change to deal with, and the news from the estate agent is the last thing he wanted to hear. While I can understand your frustration with him, I think patience is the best thing for the time being.

((Hugs)) to you and best of luck when he gets back!

I would LOVE nothing more than to give him a massive hug right now. He was allegedly coming back at 6pm (its 7:50pm now) and still no word. Not even a "I'm not coming tonight".

When he has said "Call it a day before" it has always related to us, I'm not cross I am hurt. I let myself look forward to him coming back and got myself all excited for a hug and kiss from him and now I've sat in tears for the last 2 hours because I haven't heard anything and its like I feel let down.

I know its very silly and very clingy to do that but I just couldn't keep it all in. I genuinely can't understand the "Can't you see I am building a life with you" one minute to "We should call it a day" the next.

New Threads

Top Bottom