• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dealing with Life Transitions

csanon

From what I've read, it seems like a common feature of those with AS is an inability to handle life transitions without severe anxiety. Examples include transitioning from school to work, getting married, etc.

I write this b/c I am on a job hunt right now, and just found out that I got an interview 6 hrs away from where I am now. Cognitively, I know that I can handle such a transition, since I already know people in this other area, and I am pretty savvy at finding my way around new places, etc.

For some reason though, my mind keeps racing with general thoughts about moving, and I barely slept at all last night. I am confused since its obvious there is a complete mental and emotional disconnect here. Has anyone else on here been through a similar situation, and if so, what have they done to deal with it appropriately?

New Threads

Top Bottom