• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

De-google your Android phone...

Now if I could just get freaking Apple off of my phone/ipad, that'd be lovely. Just boot them right out the door (and into some magma).

I mean really the bloody things are barely usable.

Seems the only way to escape ridiculous violations of privacy is to avoid anything Google, Apple or Microsoft. Who all seem to be invested the same broad spectrum of data harvesting at their customers expense.

Sad...

when you have samsung, then you can root it (give it admin access) and then depending on your android version you can install a programm, often so called "root uninstaller" (there are different, some are good, some not) and deinstall what you want. there are only very few things you shouldn´t deinstall (because it would crash/brick the phone otherwise).

just search in the internet or on youtube for an step-to-step manual for your phone (depends on your certain phone model!!).

and replace all apps you need with open-source alternatives. things you don´t need, you don´t have to replace, logical.

Watch a video about the GrapheneOS and find out how you can get google off your phone and stop them from selling you.
I am one of those perverted freaks without a cell phone and social media presence (except here and Quora). When anyone asks how I can function without it, I just say "Very peacefully and without stress."

I am one of those perverted freaks without a cell phone and social media presence (except here and Quora). When anyone asks how I can function without it, I just say "Very peacefully and without stress."

Same here mostly.

TECHNICALLY I have a phone, but it wasnt my idea and is meant as purely a safety device (if I get stuck when I'm out of the house due to a car breakdown, that sort of thing).

Other than that it's a glorified flashlight. I mean I guess I can take photos with it, but they arent very good and I could just buy a proper camera instead.

Bloody stupid device otherwise.

As for social media, well... ya know, I tend to think that being covered in bees would be better than being on Twitter or whatever. But hey, what do I know?

That would wipe out so many poor choices in my boyfriends, would have never gotten married on top of that if l had no phone. I can only dream. And l would have gone incognito.

I need something that gets me off my phone.

Last edited:
I always thought I was weird because of the way I hate phones and don't use any social media. It was a pleasant surprise to come here and find out that I'm actually normal.

I'll have to have one when I go travelling again though, hotels and car hire companies and the like all want a phone number. I'll just buy a sim card for the trip and let it expire when I get back home.

Online services that want a phone number from me all get a bodgy one - 0411 111 111

I do that too, I have a phone number and an email adress that is especially for such occations. Places I don't want to give my number and email to.
And I also have a favourite old bodgy email address that you can still use on many websites - [email protected]

I actually don't have a mobile phone account, I have a device but no sim card. Unsolicited text messages ended that for me, don't need them, don't want them, no longer get them.

Text thing has been weird to me. Like some men really don't like you to text them. Others don't like to read their texts.

Same here mostly.

TECHNICALLY I have a phone, but it wasnt my idea and is meant as purely a safety device (if I get stuck when I'm out of the house due to a car breakdown, that sort of thing).

Other than that it's a glorified flashlight. I mean I guess I can take photos with it, but they arent very good and I could just buy a proper camera instead.

Bloody stupid device otherwise.

As for social media, well... ya know, I tend to think that being covered in bees would be better than being on Twitter or whatever. But hey, what do I know?
I may have said this before, but I see a time in the near future, with more feature constantly being added, that the capability to make a voice call will be dropped as not being sufficiently useful in a telephone.

Oh yeah. I had an Apple iPhone years ago. Wasn't a comfortable experience. Let me tell you.

Too much mucking around with syncing your items, only for things to mess up. They also didn't allow the use of multiple accounts at once, so signing into an international account would overwrite your data. Which isn't the case with other devices where you just add files.

It's like Apple doesn't want you to run off. It's like you're their property.

I've been looking into GrapheneOS and Lineage for over a year now, but they don't seem to support the latest phones I'm interested in. Low support means it's gonna work very clunky with many bugs. I really do need to De-Google and De-Facebook everything on my devices. The only thing I really need to use from them is Youtube. People have no idea how much mass surveillance and tracking these companies are up to, and they're doing it legally.

I have ended up hating goggle, because they need all my stats and it feels intrusive and downright big brother to me.

New Threads

Top Bottom