• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Day ruined over little things, can you relate? (not that little, violent content ahead)

Iamnotarabot

I warn you I will talk about something a bit disgusting so if you dont want to read it then dont.

SO, Today I was going at the unni and my day was ok , when I came back home I had to do some homework you know the usual stuff...

But on my way own I saw a disgusting thing: (DONT READ THAT PART IF YOU DONT WANT TO,skip it and the rest will still make sence)

When I see something out of place in the corner of my vision I just look at it I cant help it and so I saw a cat run over by a car and it was disgustingn it made me feel weird for a couple a seconds...If I had ate anything I would have vomit I think.

And its been hours now, when I came back home I ate like 2 times more than usual and I couldt get my self to do something productive, I have this image in my head I cant get ride off it and I have to distract my mind.

Last time I saw a cat like that it was not graphic at all because I saw it from furter away , I almost cried because I saw the collar of the cat so I knew he had a owner that would be realy sad about it.
In the case of today I didnt cry because it was a wild one and just the fact that it was horrible just disgusted me I think, I cant even describe what I realy feel.

Can anyone relate to that?( yeah I am a snowflake)

I say that because that what My father would say ( well not this word because he is french but something similar)

Its realy annoying because I CANT UNSEE IT !!!

Yes, that happens to me all the time. I can say the thing will come to mind less over time and maybe be forgotten for great periods. There is a good chance it maybe be forgotten permanently as newer things drive out the old.

But forget the 'snowflake' crap. There is nothing wrong, in fact I believe it is actually good to be affected by such things.

Oddly, though I have seen people in such condition, it is the poor little animals that stick with me, break my heart.

I remember one time when I was at College over in Grimsby, I'd won a tenner on the Lottery, so I'd planned a day out, quick walk round the shopping centre, trip to see a movie, but I couldn't find the tenner as I was on my way out! In the end, turns out the flipping thing was in my raincoat pocket and I'd been frantically searching for it all morning! D'oh!

Yes, I would feel the same way if I saw that... most people would, it's empathy. That's why those who say that autistic people have no empathy are so wrong!

Yes, I would feel the same way if I saw that... most people would, it's empathy. That's why those who say that autistic people have no empathy are so wrong!

It was in the middle of the street I guess not the entiere city stopped function today because of that...but maybe most people just didnt see it yeah...

At this very particular moment I dont know if it was empathy , when I saw it I like act weirdly like a program in my head stoped function, closed my eyes with a painfull face and like my right arm was stuck in a weird position...anyway, another weird day I guess.

It reminds me that last week I felt shaky for 1 hour after I killed a mosquito

It realy pisses me off to know that I am so weak, while we just worship violence everyday ( I do to some degree) in our society, we need to kill animals to feed but in reality I wouldnt be able to do such thing.

It realy pisses me off to know that I am so weak, while we just worship violence everyday ( I do to some degree) in our society, we need to kill animals to feed but in reality I wouldnt be able to do such thing.

You're not weak. I couldn't kill an animal & eat it. Maybe if I was starving & desperate. But I don't think most people could. And I like meat. In a way I guess I'd be a hypocrite. But one of the benefits of living in a civilization is that there are those that will & spare me the horror of doing that myself.

I think anyone with a heart, would feel the way you do! Snowflake? Hardly!

I stood on a toad some week's back now and looked down with utter horror and so relieved to find it still alive and despite its obvious distress, I scooped it up and put it outside on some greenary and so happy to see it move normally.

My husband has killed toads and such, whilst gardening and he has felt mortified over it and so, when he can save one from his treacheous tool, he is one happy chappy.

Personally, if anyone witnessed what you did and did not react, I would be unsafe around them, because of the lack of human feeling.

I say that because that what My father would say ( well not this word because he is french but something similar)

Its realy annoying because I CANT UNSEE IT !!!

I understand the "can't unsee it." I do my best to avoid any "R-rated" for this same reason. Anything vulgar, shocking, or disgusting that I see or hear will come back to me when my mind is idle. I think it's because of the shock value - part of my mind needs go over it again and again, to try to make sense of it. The effect on me is that something that shocks me once will shock me another dozen times later. ... So I do my best to avoid it.

Shocking news headline with a link to the full article? I'm mildly curious, but think, "Do I want this echoing in my head when I'm trying to go to sleep tonight? No." And I don't click on the link.

I understand the "can't unsee it." I do my best to avoid any "R-rated" for this same reason. Anything vulgar, shocking, or disgusting that I see or hear will come back to me when my mind is idle. I think it's because of the shock value - part of my mind needs go over it again and again, to try to make sense of it. The effect on me is that something that shocks me once will shock me another dozen times later. ... So I do my best to avoid it.

Shocking news headline with a link to the full article? I'm mildly curious, but think, "Do I want this echoing in my head when I'm trying to go to sleep tonight? No." And I don't click on the link.

Yeah but violence in reality its realy realy not the same thing.

I mean my favorite manga is rated R and realy realy violent pictures for instance, or when I was a kid I played my brother horror games etc...

It happens recently when I watched the punisher though! One episode ending was so violent it realy shocked me for the rest of the day but at the same time I liked it xD

But what you say is realy interesting because violent content does that "play on repeat" thing for me aswell, I guess the prb today was that it was real and I didnt search for it...

But I guess I have a messed up relationship with violence anyway because I got molested.

People on the spectrum can be very sensitive. I think that is a good thing. I hope you never lose that. It has drawbacks. But so does being a hard-a**

I see a lot of vehicle vs animal where I live, mostly deer but also skunks and bears and opposum. Usually the cats and dogs are fast and smart enough to get off the road but those turtles. I have to stop the car or my bike and move them and the snakes. I haven't hit any yet but there have been some close calls that really upset me. It always makes me want to rush right home and hug my pets.

Once i hit the rabbit crossing the freeway it was too late when i seen him and i felt the punch so probably he probably died since was going 70mph. This ruined rest of my day because i could not get it out of my head, but nothing i could do in that situation.

I think I know how you feel, maybe! All violence makes me sick, and I have tiny freak-outs every time I see a dead animal or someone kills a bug. Of course I can't know for sure, but I feel like I felt the exact feeling you had when I accidentally discovered a trap my brother put out for cockroaches and it had a bunch of them alive and struggling to get out and some dead. I felt like I broke for the rest of the night, and I shuddered whenever I remembered it the days after. And I ran over a squirrel about five years ago and still feel guilty. Any reference to violence, apparent desire to commit violence, depiction of violence on any media, anything at all related to violence, all makes me sick. I feel apologetic for a lot of the things I think and feel but not this one. Humans innate tendency for violence needs to somehow be removed, and everyone should be vegan.

But I was also surrounded by violence and abuse for over a decade, so I may be biased, to an extent. :D

Doesn't mean I'm wrong! ;)

I witnessed something as a child that was the result of quite deliberate and premeditated cruelty, also involving cats. I tried to report it but the relevant authorities brushed it off because what I had seen was after the fact - the aftermath. It still occasionally haunts me now, forty years later.
Being emotionally affected by such things is no sign of weakness. It allows us to grow, learn and adapt to life.

That's not a little thing.

But yes, I've had plenty of days ruined by fretting about little things. I've been known to fret when someone asked whether a vendor's popcorn was normal or caramel after I told them it was caramel. Seriously though, the world would be a better place if more people just listened to me.

(Assuming I'm even autistic.)

That's not a little thing.

But yes, I've had plenty of days ruined by fretting about little things. I've been known to fret when someone asked whether a vendor's popcorn was normal or caramel after I told them it was caramel. Seriously though, the world would be a better place if more people just listened to me.

(Assuming I'm even autistic.)
You getting frustrated because of people don't pay attention, i think you take small things like this too personally.
You would probably be very frustrated talking to me i never pay attention to small details, not because i dont care i simply see too many things at once (every leaf on the tree, every word flying around) and if i try to remember or pay attention to everything i loose my mind. I have to block most of information coming into my head. Been told many times i am careless and don't care and don't pay attention because of that.

I get frustrated with my main care company because the Managers have NO communication skills, they don't answer the mobile or respond to emails or texts! SO annoying! I wouldn't mind but they're supposed to be Autism specific, so you'd think they'd know that kind of thing is like red rag to a Bull for guys like me.

Things will be said to the local social services if things in that Department don't improve, and they probably won't.

New Threads

Top Bottom