• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dating Over 40 SUCKS

Desiree W

I’ve been single for years now and have been thinking of giving the idea of dating another try. I’ve been on a few dating sites. I’m realizing that being a woman in her late 40’s can be quite a challenge. I feel like I’m invisible. It seems like a lot of people have a preference for younger women. When I was younger I hardly had any problems getting dates. Now my age seems to be a problem. Add to the fact that I’m bisexual, leaning more towards masculine women and it’s even harder. Don’t forget to throw ASD in the mix. *Sigh* On the bright side, I’m a hopeful romantic. My day will come eventually.:)

Look at it another way, if you're bisexual it increases the number of fish in the sea, but even if you're mainly leaning towards masculine women there's plenty of both online and real life places where you could meet just the right person. Just be cautious and make sure the person you do meet is decent and genuine however.

I wish you the best of luck! :)

It does suck, but when does it not?

It is never easy to find the right person.
It comes down to how life isn't fair and there's obviously countless examples. If life was truly fair we'd all have a perfect partner specially born for each and every one of us that we would always fall in love and be very happy with, and no-one would be excluded unless they actually wanted to be, but in a perfect world I suppose no-one would want to be single either.

Last edited:
It helps to remember that while it is tougher as we get older; people are already paired up, or have failed repeatedly, or haven't worked through a previous issue; there's also the fact that some of them have gotten better.

I don't really care how many are out there for me to date. I only need to find ONE.

the preference certainly seems to be for younger women and a bit older men etc. ive never understood it though, ive only dated women around my age (21) and actually think id enjoy being with a older women, more mature, settled, experienced in life with interesting stories and grounded etc. understandably most older women arent looking for younger men though and i dont meet as many older women day to day so i think it quite unlikely ill meet a older woman that i connect with until im older.

New Threads

Top Bottom