• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dating And Failing: Is there no one out there?

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
I feel like nobody wants me to be with them...

I've had two girlfriends in the past. Both never last more than a month. Now I'm at a point where I'm lonely and lovesick. I joined an Aspie dating group on Facebook and so far I've only gotten one girl to talk to me, the rest just ignore. I tried changing my profile pic to my own face instead of Kanji, but I don't know if it will work.

I talked to my mother about "free roaming" during errand running, maybe socialize a little while they're running errands. She kind of agreed...

But the question remains, is there no one out there searching for someone like me? Is there no more fish in the sea of life? Surely someone must be out there... But what do I do?

Dating is difficult and often demoralising, especially if you aren't fortunate enough to have luck on your side. That doesn't mean you should give up though; I believe relationships are generally understood to be amongst the most rewarding aspects of life for most people. I'm not sure what you mean by 'free roaming' but it sounds like you're talking about starting up conversation with women out and about. There's nothing wrong with this, but I believe for most people the approach of chatting up semi-random women that cross your path has fallen out of favour and can make women feel uncomfortable when the person isn't very competent with that type of thing. Online dating and trying to find people through your friend group maybe the way to go. It would also pay to maximise your attractiveness, that will mean different things for different people and part of attractiveness is social comfort and competence, which can be a challenge for autistic people. Working on your general character, humour, grooming, perhaps working out and taking up hobbies which society views as valuable, should all help in your effort to attract and keep a partner.

Dating is difficult and often demoralising, especially if you aren't fortunate enough to have luck on your side. That doesn't mean you should give up though; I believe relationships are generally understood to be amongst the most rewarding aspects of life for most people. I'm not sure what you mean by 'free roaming' but it sounds like you're talking about starting up conversation with women out and about. There's nothing wrong with this, but I believe for most people the approach of chatting up semi-random women that cross your path has fallen out of favour and can make women feel uncomfortable when the person isn't very competent with that type of thing. Online dating and trying to find people through your friend group maybe the way to go. It would also pay to maximise your attractiveness, that will mean different things for different people and part of attractiveness is social comfort and competence, which can be a challenge for autistic people. Working on your general character, humour, grooming, perhaps working out and taking up hobbies which society views as valuable, should all help in your effort to attract and keep a partner.

By "free roaming" I mean walking around town while my folks run errands. I can understand the confusion though :)

I think many people feel this way when they are single. I know I did, I know my mannerisms didn't help any. But their are others out their that are right for you, unfortunately everyone has to shift through a bunch of B.S. to find them.

Update: I found someone! She's very understanding and caring of me, and she knows what I go through. And the best part: she has Aspergers like me! We have so much in common, too...

New Threads

Top Bottom