• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Dating Agency Advice

Jonathan1990

I'm 30 and looking for someone but have not had much luck over the years. Dating sites are a complete waste of time and I came up with a new idea after watching The Undateables. Apparently there are dating agencies that pair you up with people who'll understand your needs throughout the country. I contacted one first in North Yorkshire and they recommend a dating agency that takes Autistic people. Tried them but they were unable to help or offer any information as they only do people living across the London area. I even said York, Leeds or West Yorkshire areas, not around the Yorkshire Coast near Scarborough as I dislike the place.

Hi Jonathan as a person who has experienced on line dating with all the ridiculous consequences a agency for Aspies may help, i have found a great book..... Troubleshooting Relationships on the autism Spectrum who's key message is using a 'Troubleshooting' approach to understanding your partner, as a person living with a aspy it's beginning to help us both get the other person sometimes Ha Ha two people with lack of empathy, obsessions, and communication and social deficits is very very tricky add to that ideals, values and personality and it add another layer, but not all doom and gloom, just like all connections 'a work in progress' good luck.

New Threads

Top Bottom